I need a good challenge for my skill level

For discussion of all general music topics, Favored Nations artists, Vai-related musicians and all other artists and bands.
theollieb

Hey its ollie. I've been mostly composing recently, but also a lot of practicing. 2 songs I pretty much got down and memorized are talk dirty to me by poison and santeria by sublime. Both songs are SOOOO FUN TO PLAY but not really anything that I would really learn a lesson from guitarwise. i just got my new rg, so now i gots 24 frets and a whammy to explore. recommend some good music for me to try and get down. Remember - not too hard - I'm just Ollie lol.
Big Bad Bill

'Always with You, Always with Me' by Satch is pretty straight forward for the most part. The solo is trickier, but the whole song with improve you technique too.

By the way, I seem to remember you said you were TABing out 'Sound Theories' or part there off? How's that mammoth undertaking going?
litlgrnman

I think you're ready for some Crazy Train!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbPWcLode0
theollieb

Lol I Crazy train was the second song I ever played lol. Not much of a challenge to play, but to get the right intonation I suppose it could be good. Thanks tho!
Always with you always with me however sounds like a lot of fun. I love satch's ballad+shred style lol.
joshua202020

Why not Juice? :D
theollieb

ya think im capable? Cause that would be fun!
Booligan

THE GARGOYLE by Paul Gilbert. just do it.
theollieb

Thanks all those all really look like fun. btw, that buckethead song sounds very unbuckethead for the most part ('cept for the solo lol) stereotypically ya know? but its still awesome.
Big Bad Bill wrote:

By the way, I seem to remember you said you were TABing out 'Sound Theories' or part there off? How's that mammoth undertaking going?
Oh actually I was taking sort of a short break for a long while.. Lol a lot of those songs put a lotta stress through your head. I started Soooo long ago and knew a lot less about music so I'm cleanin' up what I have now and postin it up on ultimate guitar hopefully soon.
cosmic ape

How about "Surfing with the Alien"???