Axe-Fx Clean's & Sfx

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
lydian2000

:shock:

Huge update to the thread: We can now add Steve to the list!!

(latest twitter update c.f News feed/twitter/yfrog)

:peace
Patill

lol,

I knew it was only a matter of time :). Let´s see what he thinks about it.
Brick_top
Newcomer

Cool news :D I know I don't post here but I'm an axe owner and I like Steve vai a lot :D
Patill

Brick_top wrote: Another Rectifier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnA64V--PMg

I´ve always been very very sceptical about rectifier sound a likes and had the biggest fights with people who just wouldn´t realize it´s by no chance a rectifier they got at home with their little modeller stuff or whatever they had^^.

But this is WOW!!!!!!!!

Also the Van Halen sound to you really got me is just it. Actually I´m a little speechless about all that, but still, effects -> Eventide :mrgreen:
GuitarDojo
Newcomer

I have been a user since the firmware was 3.x. Now at 9.3 - I am still blowed away at what this thing can do.
Pif

I don't have GAS, but this is actually really exciting.
Patill

GuitarDojo wrote:I have been a user since the firmware was 3.x. Now at 9.3 - I am still blowed away at what this thing can do.

??? since when is this product out on the market?

To me it semeed like it was brand new, since everyone is getting one. Petrucci, Vai....at least in this thread it seems they got themselves one just now.
Brick_top
Newcomer

I'm not sure on this but I think it's been about four years.

If you wonder about the difference in firmware versions it's because there's a new firmware out almost every two months or so
GuitarDojo
Newcomer

Patill wrote:
GuitarDojo wrote:I have been a user since the firmware was 3.x. Now at 9.3 - I am still blowed away at what this thing can do.

??? since when is this product out on the market?

To me it semeed like it was brand new, since everyone is getting one. Petrucci, Vai....at least in this thread it seems they got themselves one just now.
I think its going on 4 years. I was on the original waiting list back in Nov 2006. Didnt get my standard till March 2007 and Ultra July 2007.
Brick_top
Newcomer

FRETPICK wrote:
500Mhz dual core cpu. Pray they put an i7 in it.
As I understand it those are two very different processors. I believe the Axe-fx processor is designed to work with audio much more efficiently than an i7 "clock for clock".

I might be saying something stupid, I hope I'm not :mrgreen:
GuitarDojo
Newcomer

Check out this Axe-FX user "VedVai" (obvious - I know)

http://www.goear.com/listen/26935e5/bal ... sto-ferrer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spoons
Newcomer

There is so much good information and good recordings out there for the Axe-Fx!! Gotta put one of those in my rack this year.