John Petrucci using the Jemini!!

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Tjonk

As you might know Dream Theater is back in the studio and John Petrucci is using the Jemini. Take a look at this picture from Jordan Rudess his website.

See Ya
RAI

Probably sent to him by Steve, just like he did for IA...
j.arledge

petrucci uses a lot of signature pedals and is always changing them. He had a keeley modded ds-1 just like Vai's and he also had a modded tubescreamer like Vai's.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artis ... ucci3.html

petrucci explains his rig and toward the end he shows his rack gear and pedal board.
Patill

hmm, I just see it standing there, not being used :P. You never know...
Stephen Brown

j.arledge wrote:petrucci uses a lot of signature pedals and is always changing them. He had a keeley modded ds-1 just like Vai's and he also had a modded tubescreamer like Vai's.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artis ... ucci3.html

petrucci explains his rig and toward the end he shows his rack gear and pedal board.
He had a DS1 given to him from Satch
Patill

:( mine is from Boss and I had to pay for it...
Stephen Brown

Patill wrote::( mine is from Boss and I had to pay for it...
Yer but JP has been playing & buying boss for years, so your not alone. :D
guthriefan

FRETPICK wrote:

I didn't know that! I've heard that Boss has no 'analogue' sound!
Svelt Pen

guthriefan wrote:
FRETPICK wrote:

I didn't know that! I've heard that Boss has no 'analogue' sound!
What?
Stephen Brown

FRETPICK wrote:
j.arledge wrote:petrucci uses a lot of signature pedals and is always changing them. He had a keeley modded ds-1 just like Vai's and he also had a modded tubescreamer like Vai's.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ucci3.html

Here it is. The said DS1 from Satch to Mr Petrucci. That ds1 may have done more miles than the bus.
j.arledge

FRETPICK wrote:
FRETPICK wrote:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery_artis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ucci3.html

Here it is. The said DS1 from Satch to Mr Petrucci. That ds1 may have done more miles than the bus.
sorry i thought it was modded.

steve, joe and anyone else that is on the G3 tour all swap gear. Ygnwie has a jem, I think steve has an ygnwie strat anyways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvRDC-m ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (this video is crazy)
Patill

FRETPICK wrote:
FRETPICK wrote:

well, there is one question I ask myself...why the hell does he use a DS-1 by Satch? I mean what´s so special about it? Nothing, if you ask me ;).
GYiakoumi

Patill wrote:
well, there is one question I ask myself...why the hell does he use a DS-1 by Satch? I mean what´s so special about it? Nothing, if you ask me ;).
It was a gift from Joe... it's a distortion pedal, it works for him.. what's he going to do? not use it? Putting aside the fact it was given to him by Joe Satriani, It's still a very good distortion pedal, and I'm sure that's what Petrucci was thinking when he was using it rather than 'oh my god i am using joe's pedal' not everybody is starstruck when they have been given something from someone 'famous', especially when they have been touring G3 together for a long duration.

To conclude my post, I don't think he used it JUST BECAUSE it used to belong to Joe, more because he liked the way it sounded, And yes it was a gift, so why not use it?

G :D
Patill

if it was the only Boss DS-1 he ever had :roll:

;)
GYiakoumi

Well I don't know much about Petrucci's previous purchases before then so I can't say, if that's the case.. then fine, it's a gift, he loves Joe he wants to use it.. ends there.

G
Last edited by GYiakoumi on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.