Bout to buy a new amp. What's you thoughts?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Zeds.Ded

hughes and kettner amps look great all lit up
keithroxx

just go plug your pedal into a fender deluxe reverb and all of your questions about the differences between tubes and ss will become very apparant after the first few notes and chords.
I gaurantee you will have all of the answers you are looking for.
Lo Lo

I hear ya Bancika...

I would choose a dual channel amp if I played a lot of distortion styles, But I don't.

I use alot of different effects for my music, i.e. dual delays, slow gear, reverbs, harmonizers, splicers and so on. Lots of times several at once and without a programmable unit I would need too many pedals and have a hard time switching sounds between songs

The clean channel of my Kustom is beautiful, and I only use that one channel. I only use the effects of the multi-effect unit for 90% of the music I play and only use the preamp modeler on JC-120 for a couple clean sounds and Mesa modeler for distortions for the few times I play around with distortion sounds. So I really only use the effects and the programmable capabilities through the front end of a clean channeled amp. I am still very much guitar and amp for my tone.

That is why I have been looking at the WorkHorse amp. It's a one clean channel tube amp at 60watts. Two Celestion 12" speakers and the ability to put into it whatever tubes I perfer between 6L6's and EL34's. Very Simple controls, vol-high-mid-bass-spring reveb, the very same controls on my Kustom clean channel! This thing is built for effects units.

Bancika....I'd like you to look at their website and tell me what you thing of the Workhorse Stallion amp, Please I would really like to know what you think of it! Thank You! http://www.visualsound.net/Amps_wh.htm
bancika

When I first started looking to by myself amp I saw those and really wanted to have one. It was way out of my budget back then (and probably is now :)) so I ended up with crappy marshall MG.
I have never tried but from the specs it couldn't be anything but great really. RG Keen (one of two designers) is also a member of DIY community, nice guy.
It should be reliable, although it uses PCB, crucial components (pots, tube sockets, jacks) are mounted on chassis and not the board and connected to the board with wires. It's very important.
Being all tube I don't know why it has all those IC's lying around
I hope they are not a part of the signal path but the protection circuit they mentioned. I mean with two preamp tubes they really don't need anything else in there.
Check out the thread about these amps on DIY forum, RG Keen started it.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/i ... ic=52840.0

Btw, I like simple tube amps, all amps I built are simple without any fancy-shmancy crap inside, check this out :)
Back in Serbia I used pristine clean princeton clone I built with tubescreamer -> tube preamp -> delay in front of it, so clean amp is ok. Especially if you're mostly into clean sounds.

If you ask me, go for it, but only after you try it. It's not a small (and cheap) thing to buy so make sure you're doing the right thing.

Cheers
Lo Lo

I have ordered the new Workhorse Stallion 2x12 tube combo. It will be here in a few days. I haven't been this excited about new gear in a long time. I researched the hell out of this and other amps and the Stallion had all my answers meet. Dam thing cost me $1300 usd, but for what this amp offers me, cost is nothing right? Check it out!
http://www.visualsound.net/Amps_wh.htm

I will post pictures up soon as it get here.

That's for your input everyone!

Lo Lo
Lo Lo

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Clean is sparkly highs and thunderous bottom end, sounds soooo good! It's a clean channel amp with three(3) preamp and two(2) 6L6 tubes in it and it doesn't really breakup even at very loud volumes and stays very very quiet. Distortion sounds so warm and chunky crunchy with the Jekll & Hyde overdrive pedal that came with the amp and pushes the tubes into overdrive heaven. I would definately put it up against most tube distortion driven amps!!!

It is quite a big amp thou, 27"wide 21"tall 12"deep at 65lbs. I put some coster wheels on it to push this mother around, lol.

This thing is worth every $1,275 I had to shell out!
and the sound dispertion grills work very well, really speads the highs out.

Check for stores near you that deal with Visual Sounds and PLEASE TRY THIS AMP OUT!!!