Unpopping a speaker cone?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Stephen Brown

Have tried a little Cello tape. Didn't work. Duck Tape? If I do go into monitor, those screw, front mounted or best to go in from back?

ie: The last thing I need is to un-screw the front screw only to have the speaker drop down into housing.

Damaged in transport.

What yee think?

Gutted.... :roll:
joebot

what I tend to do is stick my face on it and wet the cone a little (if it is rubber, not if it is card etc) then apply suction to the cone with my mouth and suck it out!.

Beware that if you use ns10's the diaphragm is toxic by all account, that's why they were removed form sale in the first place. This also suggests that I'm not the only person that has ever done this :lol:
guyver_dio

how about a vacuum cleaner, you should be able to make a good enough seal around it.
Stephen Brown

Best thing was a hoover!!!! Mr Vax was the answer. How cool is that.

Thanks for all your help guys. I was having a melt down.lol
Zeds.Ded

never heard a speaker with the cone pressed in, much sound difference?
bancika

my brother used to do it all time on my father's hi-fi system. they'd use vacuum cleaner to fix it.
joebot

If you have kids it tends to happen a lot, unfortunately, I would really impress on my kids to not touch any of my gear, if they did they would get a severe telling off!
CudBucket

Zeds.Ded wrote:never heard a speaker with the cone pressed in, much sound difference?
That's not the cone. That's a dust-cap. It prevents dust from reaching the voice coil. It has no bearing on the sound. In fact, there are kits for replacining dented ones.
joebot

CudBucket wrote:
Zeds.Ded wrote:never heard a speaker with the cone pressed in, much sound difference?
That's not the cone. That's a dust-cap. It prevents dust from reaching the voice coil. It has no bearing on the sound. In fact, there are kits for replacining dented ones.
DAMN YOU!!!!, I thought about posting saying that then thought it wasn't worth it, now you have all my glory!!!!

:lol:
Big Bad Bill

joebot wrote:what I tend to do is stick my face on it and wet the cone a little (if it is rubber, not if it is card etc) then apply suction to the cone with my mouth and suck it out!.
Miaaaow! I bet you're popular with the girls :wink: <ahem> sorry.....
Zeds.Ded

i know its not the cone, but i didnt know what it was called so i just went for cone anyway :wink:
joebot

Big Bad Bill wrote:
joebot wrote:what I tend to do is stick my face on it and wet the cone a little (if it is rubber, not if it is card etc) then apply suction to the cone with my mouth and suck it out!.
Miaaaow! I bet you're popular with the girls :wink: <ahem> sorry.....
yes, if you pay women it is remarkably what they will do for you

Stephen Brown

It's called a dust cap. News to me though. :D
joebot

FRETPICK wrote:It's called a dust cap. News to me though. :D
never had a woman do that to me, don't like the sound of that :wink:

another virtuoso

leave it to BBB to dirty up this discussion :lol: