Laney GH50L

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
jam-man

Hi again!

I'm thinking about buying Laney GH50L so I have a few questions...

From what I understood, it has only one channel and you need a distortion pedal in order to have both clean and overdrive? Am I getting it right?

I also read somewhere that it comes with a footswitch...what do I need a footswitch from if it has only one channel?

Anyway, I could use some pointers in this amps performance and...how can I say it...hardware?

Thanks!
seljer

its got one channel + boost (what the footswitch is)
no need for any distortion pedal, its got plenty of dirt on its own

if you lower your guitars volume knob it should clean up pretty well for your basic cleans (but I don't think you'll be doing jazz with the thing :P)

listen to Paul Gilbert for an idea on how it sounds (Racer X's Superheroes for example, he was using the GH100L more or less for the past 10 years)
Zeds.Ded

you can control the gain on the channel and have the boost up really high, just have the gain at a level that when your guitar volume is up tops its crunchy but when down low its clean, then you have the boost (which also has a gain knob) to click in when your soloing. i highly recommend this amp, it rocks!
jam-man

That's pretty much all I wanted to, thanks guys...

Now, to start dealing with a bigger problem, earning some money for it...and the cabinet... :roll: