Looking for a pitch shifter VST plugin...

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
lydian2000

Hi all I'm looking for a pitch shifter VST plugin to add either 4ths,5ths or octaves up or down to my signal when recording on mY PC...in realtime of course, all I need is one that works....any thoughts?

:)
pagliai

i use one by waves plugin i think the diamond bundle ,it works pretty good.
lydian2000

thanx I'll have a look at it over the weekend, my goal would be to find one which sounds relatively acceptable (because on top of a lead signal)and not using too much CPU, until then I had used guitar fx box's(fantastic little soft if you don't own an ASIO soundcard but still want live effects)but alas my new soundcard doesn't work with that(it is ASIO).

:peace
al

can ya not just overdub the guitar tracks yourself?
Rachmaninoff

brother al wrote:can ya not just overdub the guitar tracks yourself?
That's what I was about to say.
The result is always better.
seljer

Rachmaninoff wrote:
brother al wrote:can ya not just overdub the guitar tracks yourself?
That's what I was about to say.
The result is always better.
well sometimes you want that slightly grainy digital effect

I think Steve once commented something about this for the rhythm guitar on The Animal
al

well if you were to do the seperate trakcs yourself, come clever equing could get you some similarish results, although harmonisers are great for fast phrases or runs, saves you learning 2 different patterns for the same part

i picked up a boss hr-2 the other day.. the old harmonist pedal, its a pretty damn cool pedal, + i realise this doesnt have much to helping you, just thought id throw it in!
lydian2000

Guyz, thank you all for the input, as some of you mentioned I do overdub and it sounds nice but I need the vst to immediately"hear" what it can sound like and yes sometimes the artificial digital thing sounds nice...until I can afford to buy a whammy, speaking of the animal I'd like to have a whammy pedal just for (if im not mistaken) the possibilty of switching between fifths and fourths back and forth, like I think steve is doing in a solo spot with with a tap delay on the astoria DVD.

Never heard of the boss hr-2, I'm going to have a look on the web.

thanx again! I depend so much on this forum..it's scary!

:mrgreen: :peace
al

u know about the evintide harmoiser too rite?

and the hr-2's are hard to find since they stoped making them in 1999 or somethin, they replaced it with the ps-5 not as good of a harmoniser but stil has a few nice features and a harmoniser
lydian2000

yes the eventide H8000 looks nice too, it's just a tad above what I can afford though.(we're talking 7000 euros here.)
lydian2000

thank you so much! 8) :peace
pagliai

your welcome enjoy it