DR Strings

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).

Do you play DR strings?

Yes
8%
Yes
8%
Yes
8%
Yes
8%
No
17%
No
17%
No
17%
No
17%

Total votes: 120
Surfingalien

I'm testing all the strings i can get and now ATM i have the DR red devils coated strings ( and they're red as hell :D ). I have them for 2 days now on my guitar and i gotta say that they're very smooth. You can't feel the coating ( 0.0003). They only go a little slighter out off tune than enrie ball.

But i like them :D
Lotus Eater

I used to use DR and DR ONLY! for about 7 years.
I thought they were the cat's ass. However in my opinion they lost their sparkle very fast. And as they do seem to live on forever, (And I mean months!) Unfortunately I had a few bad packs in which there were one string in the lot that would break within days. It was never the same string. Even thought the rest of the pack would last forever. So put that against the price, (which isn't cheap) and the duller sound, I regret that I lost faith and felt ripped off.
Since then I have played D'Addario 11's and buy them in multiples.
I have never broken a string, or been dissapointed with the life or sound of them. And the cost to replace them is much less.
I will never speak badly of DR, just my own experiences with the brand.
Hopefully this is a helpfull critique. I'm not intending to be negative, perhaps I'll give them another chance.
Masi

I just recently tried some after more then 15 years on D'Addario...
They feel heavier on the basses...I'm used to playing 0.10-0-52 & 0.11-0.49 sets, but I can't get the DR:s to work for me. Is the core in the low strings heavier, or somehow different?

Any thoughts?

I just got some Ernie Balls, but if they dont cut it I'll go back to the good ol' D'Addarios for the next 15 years as well... :D