Stereo recievers for amp heads?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Ultraviolet

:) Hi there music-makers, WATTS UP!!!
usually there aren't many stereo recievers that can hack prolonged concert level performance. If your looking to get loud in a room of your home for a while,....prettymuch any non-surround sound stereo reciever, 120wrms x 2@8 ohms, mated to 2 decent size (10 inch or larger) floorstanding towers should do the trick. Hovever,....for a more demanding application,(such as prolonged concert-level reproduction) one needs to seek thicker broth,....such as older, vintage hi-fi gear,...or newer recievers with higher wpc,..or the ability to handle daisy-chained lower impedance loads. I started out with a Denon 75w x 2 avr1000, mated to 2 Klipsch quartets,...and that was really dynamic,..and loud. It seemed to rival my half stack,...but more dynamic,..only with 80% of the raw volume the half-stack produced. I had a fullstack fender M-80,..and that was the shizbat.......but now I have a 1000wrms@4 ohms .007% thd reciever(fan cooled) with a dual 12 band audio source eq,...running split-aux line with a sony 60w x 4 reciever. The big boy is driving 2 15 inch jensen towers,..while the Sony is driving 2 bose 6 inch bookshelf spkrs. This setup is by far the most dynamic,..and insane I've had so far,....and I can bottom out the 15 inch,200w towers at a quarter volume,(loudness button off).....and am waiting to upgrade to Cerwin Vega towers. 8)
SO IF ANYONE SAYS "you need rack gear" or $4,000 tube heads to get that "PRO" sound or "pro" volume,......they are full of codswallup ;) This topic is for those who are fans of stereo gear for their amps,....I'll admit it's not easy to do it this way,....it takes a lot of trial and error,....as well as finesse on the equalization. Peace,..and rock on.[color=violet][/color]