How can i ruin my amp...hehe

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
*theanimal*05

hi all

Im currently 16 and in a band that is doing really well for itself. we are playing in massive city halls and too crowds well over 500 people. we are making a name for ourselves around sydney. people are offering us plenty of gigs, record deals sponsorship etc. everyone in my band has the best gear setup besides me pretty much. the only thing that is holding me down with my amp which is a line 6 75watt spider 2. My Current setup is My Rg390 with evos with a boss ds1 and the amp.

The problem is this. my amp sounds like shit. its not loud enough to be heard over a crowd and im constantly getting feedback that my amp is shit!. We play old school rock covers as well as orginals. eg led zeppelin, van halen. its pretty good but our set includes the only thing that keeps me in the band

A Billy Sheehan Vs Vai Style guitar Duel Mwhaahaa

This duel goes off man! we trade licks and we go nuts! the crowd goes crazy when they hear it!

The only downfall is the amp! it sounds like shit and im only just scraping through!

MY dad believes theres nothing wrong with my current amp and says i can only get a legacy when my old one is broken.

so people,

HOw can i destroy it without and make it sound like shit and without making it look like i did it?

(its for the good of the band people!!!!!)

Kind regards

TObi
mental speedin

secretly........... kick in the valves or wotever is in the back or disconnect some wires.

OR throw it off of something high n claim that it fell at one of the shows lol.

also u can blow the speakers by turning up quite loud and then plugging in ur guitar to get that horrible BUZZ sound. that works quite well lol if its loud enough
jemgirl

hmm,shortcut something.
bancika

Try this: open back panel, disconnect speaker wires and short them. Since it's SS amp it should do the trick :)
Guitarmiester

Or, just set something up with someone in the audience... have someone run onto the stage and end up spilling some kind of liquid all over the amp. If that doesn't work, just open it up (without leaving any signs of it being opened) and it should be pretty obvious what you can do, just don't make it look too obvious whatever you do in case someone feels like inspecting it. Or, set it up on the stage so it will somehow either fall over and definitly get messed up or set it up so it will fall right off the stage somehow, maybe someone bumps into it...but, make sure you're not going to end up taking out some of the audience!
RAR!

Pawn it.

"DAD!, SOMEBODY JACKED MY AMP!"
Logic

????
Is it a matter of parents not getting a new one because you already have one??
The amp would be better as a trade in if it isn't destroyed.
If your playing large venues then you'll get feedback no matter what if your relying totally on amp volumne, it need to be through the house. Even the likes of Mr. Vai has a reletively small setup when it comes to amps. 2 4x12 cabs!! That is ran to the house. Mr. Vai's guitar then comes out of the moniters as well as the house sound plus the 2-4x12 cabs. you'll feedback if you stand right in front of the amps as thats the only place that the guitar is really screaming but other than that your alot safer. So, mic that amp send it to the house and get loud as you want.
*theanimal*05

Its also the tone. the tone is terrible.....

i cant hear myself over rehearsals either. its a tone and volume thing.

also the grill cant be taken off the back. its a shitty modelling amp. so.... anymore ways i can seek and destroy this puppy without making it look too obvious/
*theanimal*05

i wont ruin my guitar by plugging it in at full volume will i..... :roll:
Logic

Nope!

I hate to destroy anything.
Isn't there a little kid on the block who could use an amp??
Any other sabtoge may result in guitar damage. so be careful.
Amps are designed to work within there specs. So, if your gonna try over driving it you'll have to amp up the signal.
j.arledge

sell it to someone say it got stolen after a gig. pocket the cash from selling it and make your parents buy you a nice tube amp.
knarfzednem

you should probably try to reason with your parents first. maybe sell it and put that money towards a Legacy. it wouldn't be possible to mic the amp through a PA? because i read something that basically said that tube amps aren't actually louder than solid state amps. they just distort in a way that is more pleasing to the ears. maybe go to the Carvin board and post a thread showing the advantages of a Legacy in comparison to your current amp. then show that to your parents. good luck!
another virtuoso

RAR! wrote:Pawn it.

"DAD!, SOMEBODY JACKED MY AMP!"
Luan

Well.. this thread is very funny, but I think that the best thing you could do is to try to gift it to someone that needs it and cannot afford it.
Or at least cut a cable and then gift it and say to that person how to repair it.
*theanimal*05

cool, cool, cool

I dont want to ruin my guitar by plugging in and cranking it to full volume..

so...if i short the amp it wont work anymore obviously. this is a dumb question but how can i short the amp exactly?