which multieffects processor has the best wah??

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
ppvai

im gonna buy a new multieffects processor soon, so i was thinking about which processor has the best waH?

knarfzednem

i have some experience wuth a digitech gnx3 and you can set it so the wah will turn on by clicking the expression pedal all the way down,like a crybaby.but any other multieffects i have used,you have to change prests to use the wah,which brings annoying preset dropout.
SalamanderExcess

ME-50, for sheer value and sound, go for this. Its basically got a PW-50 wah in it, plus it has all boss's effects!
ppvai

thanks im gonna check them. :P

some other suggesttions?
Wapo
Newcomer

I know you aren't looking for this kind of answer but anytime I've ever had a multieffects with a wah, I've always just ended up hooking my CryBaby back up.
vht4me
Newcomer

I’m a big advocate of multi-fx units, right now I’m running a Digitech 2120VGS in my fx loop. But, haven’t found a ‘real’ enough sounding Wah (That’s why I don’t use one).
SPQR

hey dude my friend has the Boss GT-6 and it has a wah modeler so you can hae a range of different wah's.
ppvai

thanks for that man,i'll check em out. :D
scheck006
Newcomer

why don't you just buy a wah pedal????? :wink:
Melvin

Boss Gt6 is a good one
But if i was you i would buy a single Wah paddle like a bad horsie wah or a jimi hendrix cry baby
ppvai

i was thinking of that...could be :roll:

thanks for posting...anyone more? :roll:

yikes i dont know. :x
RAR!

Dude, ive been down the multieffects road.

But Ive now discovered that single effects are infinately better. Sure, its a bit more costly, but IMO Quality -> Quantity. I think its WELL worth the wait. If you buy multeffects, your wasting your money, because I think you will eventually end up selling it anyway.

If you want a good wah, screw any sort of digital plastic box and get a REAL wah, a good one. I would recommend the Crybaby Classic. IMO, its better than all the other Dunlop crybabies, its very similar to the old 80's ones. Its a spectacular wah, its just replaced my Morley Bad Horsie. The BH is nice, but the Dunlop is quieter and the sound is more pronounced, plus it gets these beautiful throaty tones and these wicked Scorpion-esq tones in mid-position. The BH cant do any of those things, and the BH is a better wah than any Boss/Digitech/Zoom/Alesis digital multieffects.

Seriously, the thought of going back to a rig that uses a multieffect makes me sick to my stomach.
ppvai

RAR! wrote:Dude, ive been down the multieffects road.

But Ive now discovered that single effects are infinately better. Sure, its a bit more costly, but IMO Quality -> Quantity. I think its WELL worth the wait. If you buy multeffects, your wasting your money, because I think you will eventually end up selling it anyway.

If you want a good wah, screw any sort of digital plastic box and get a REAL wah, a good one. I would recommend the Crybaby Classic. IMO, its better than all the other Dunlop crybabies, its very similar to the old 80's ones. Its a spectacular wah, its just replaced my Morley Bad Horsie. The BH is nice, but the Dunlop is quieter and the sound is more pronounced, plus it gets these beautiful throaty tones and these wicked Scorpion-esq tones in mid-position. The BH cant do any of those things, and the BH is a better wah than any Boss/Digitech/Zoom/Alesis digital multieffects.

Seriously, the thought of going back to a rig that uses a multieffect makes me sick to my stomach.
RAR!

I dont know if thats sarcastic or not. :(

Im genuinely giving my most frank opinion. Im just trying to prevent you from making (what I consider to be) a mistake: by wasting money on multieffects.

Im seriously more happy with my Visual Sound H20 and Classic Crybaby than I was with my old Boss ME-50, even though it had gadgets out the kazoo. It was fun in the bedroom for a while, but it was just a toy. After a month, I was tired of messing around with all the different effects, and I just wanted a good solid tone. I had what I thought was a pretty decent tone, but then when I tried to use it live. . . .oh. . .shit. TERRIBLE!

For a good solid tone, a GOOD tube amp is needed (there are PLENTY of TERRIBLE ones out there, you gotta look HARD for a good amp now, if you look in the right places, you can get many GREAT tube amps for $500 or less) and after that, then you start adding your effects. Wah (Classic Crybaby), Delay, Chorus (Visual Sound H20) , Flange (Ibanez FL-9 is the best Ive heard), Phaser (MXR Phase 90, of course. . .or perhaps the 100, its alot more versitle). If possible, I would avoid any and all Boss or Digitech modulation effects. They just got that digital cold sterile fake sound, go with the analog classics. There are plenty of great non-boss/digitech brands out there, like Maxon, Ibanez (the 9 series reissues), Visual Sound, MXR, Guyatone, Electro Harmonix, ect.

If you want to do a multieffect, I cant do anything to stop you. But I'd rather have a great, REAL, ORGANIC sound rather than a fake, cheezy mediocre sound.

Its up to you, I just hope you'll at least think about what Ive said.
Amano

I have a boss gt6. I loathe it though, so I never use it. I'd recommend buying seperate effects.