Ecstasy?

The name says it all! Discuss Steve's studios, your studios and gear set-ups, amps and effects here. This is not for discussing guitars (Steve's or otherwise).
Freedom777

Hey, I am soon going to purchase a new amp! Here comes the question(you guessed it) Which one? I am going to sell my triaxis because it just didn't give me the tone i was looking for! Though it is a great amp i feel that it is sad that i don't use it that much more exept when gigging! So therefore i am selling it and getting a new amp!

What i am looking for is something similar to the sound that steve had on the old g3 dvd( the one with eric, in case you were wondering)!

I saw that he had a bogner ecstasy in the jam section, What do you guys think about this amp? Also please mention other amps which might give me a similar tone!
By the way what amp(s) did steve use on Sex And Religion?

Thanx :D
Freedom777

anybody?
badhorsie

hi freedom777...

here are the best imho:
bogner xstasy, great amp, listen to samples at bogneramplification.com.
just great and as you said, steve used it for the dvd-sound. and for me this is the best sound i ever heard!!!
you find tons of samples at the homepage.
the egnater amps are also good.
soldano slo100 of course...but different to bogner. more like alien love secrets. to hard to describe the difference for me in english :oops:
so here is my special tip: custom audio electronics preamp. 3+ se.
wow. i plugged in my jem, neck pickup, little delay, and here you go, absolutely nooo difference to the cd sound of "for the love of god". i stood there and stopped to play and just couldn't believe it. amazin preamp.

just play every amp. and when you have the money, buy the bogner. my dream amp. but quite expensive. and also buy the tc elec g-force. just great also. killer in combi with the bogner.

rock on, badhorsie.