Steve’s “Ultra Zone” Emerald Ultra Guitar

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vai.com News

Check out Steve’s “Ultra Guitar” that is currently being played on tour through this article on MusicRadar.com. The design of the guitar is based on the Aaron Brown’s illustration for Vai’s 1999 album, The Ultra Zone, which depicts an “alien Steve” playing a futuristic-looking axe. The guitar is designed by Alistair Hay of Ireland.
srouth1960
Newcomer

Ultra Zone is a super nice axe. Has the looks that I think Steve likes.

Got to see Steve play it at the show in Durham, NC and it really sounded good. Of course anything that has strings on it and is in Steve Vai's hands is going to sound supreme.
Jenn Pix

srouth1960 wrote:Ultra Zone is a super nice axe. Has the looks that I think Steve likes.

Got to see Steve play it at the show in Durham, NC and it really sounded good. Of course anything that has strings on it and is in Steve Vai's hands is going to sound supreme.
:headbang Absolutely right! :headbang He's got some kind of magic in those hands. Seeing him live, I am even more convinced than ever of that.
molgolsonden

When he came out with that ultra-axe, wearing all that...well, I won't spoil it. Very cool guitar, very sweet performance with it!!!