Steve's new album "The Story of Light" is being releas

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
anuj

Japanese bonus tracks are about as old as records being sold in Japan. :p
jenarom

anuj wrote:Japanese bonus tracks are about as old as records being sold in Japan. :p
I know, I have all of Vai's japanese editions since well before the Archives CDs.

My gripe is finding out about this by ourselves, instead of from official sources.
jenarom

Does anybody know what is included on the second CD of this Deluxe Edition of TSOL available on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Light-Delux ... 997&sr=8-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EyE

Cd is still on it's way but I just downloaded the TSOL and listening to it right now.
Prezidentman

jenarom wrote:Does anybody know what is included on the second CD of this Deluxe Edition of TSOL available on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Light-Delux ... 997&sr=8-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was wondering that too.....pehraps it's the cd/dvd combo....

Also does anyone know if there is a way to legally get that japanese bonus track without having to buy the entire album again?
Matwey

tcantafio wrote:
Is the Russian translation not that of the English text in the liner notes? I'm just wondering why he chose Russian. Simple curiosity on my part...I have nothing against Russian! I'd still love an all instrumental version though. But I must admit the song has grown on me. The CD is fantastic.

T
Then what does the English text in liner notes say?
EyE

Prezidentman wrote:Also does anyone know if there is a way to legally get that japanese bonus track without having to buy the entire album again?
Don't know, maybe it'll appear one day on VaiTunes or so.
anuj

The full album download - updated last night to become available via the preorder receipt thingie - only has a single song: Gravity Storm. Hopefully Topspin will unscrew this one. :)
Prezidentman

anuj wrote:The full album download - updated last night to become available via the preorder receipt thingie - only has a single song: Gravity Storm. Hopefully Topspin will unscrew this one. :)
I got my full album download just fine right now.
anuj

Still not for me.
pauldlr

Had the same thing when I clicked on the link on the invoice. You should have received another email with a web address to click on together with a pass word. After using that I got the full album. Hope that helps.
anuj

I emailed support - they emailed me a link. It's all good now. :)
tcantafio

Matwey wrote:
tcantafio wrote:
Is the Russian translation not that of the English text in the liner notes? I'm just wondering why he chose Russian. Simple curiosity on my part...I have nothing against Russian! I'd still love an all instrumental version though. But I must admit the song has grown on me. The CD is fantastic.

T
Er...I guess you haven't gotten the CD yet?
Matwey

tcantafio wrote:
Matwey wrote:
tcantafio wrote:

T
Er...I guess you haven't gotten the CD yet?

Correct, unfortunately.
jenarom

EyE wrote:
Prezidentman wrote:Also does anyone know if there is a way to legally get that japanese bonus track without having to buy the entire album again?
Don't know, maybe it'll appear one day on VaiTunes or so.

Hmmm, not likely, at least for several years...hehe.
I was still waiting for a VaiTunes release of "The Boogey Man", the bonus track for Real Illusions: Reflections.
Had to recently buy the Evo Experience Interview Disc from eBay to get it.

I would buy the japanese release just for this track, and for collecting purposes, of course.
I'll look for it on eBay.