Steve's new album "The Story of Light" is being releas

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Matwey

Matwey wrote:
tcantafio wrote:There are a couple of songs that I'm really not too into yet, The Story of Light (the spoken Russian I find takes away from a rather excellent song),
Nevermind, as translation would blow your mind anyway. :lol:

I guess too much reading Strelnikova & Seklitova, I may be wrong...
Samuele

To check whether your orders have been shipped, open the e-mail receipt with all the info and click on the link that says "Live Receipt" (top left). You might find out that your package has already been shipped.
R1FSR

Samuele wrote:To check whether your orders have been shipped, open the e-mail receipt with all the info and click on the link that says "Live Receipt" (top left). You might find out that your package has already been shipped.

just checked mine again...says its been shipped :D :headbang
ocxcxd

R1FSR wrote:
Samuele wrote:To check whether your orders have been shipped, open the e-mail receipt with all the info and click on the link that says "Live Receipt" (top left). You might find out that your package has already been shipped.

just checked mine again...says its been shipped :D :headbang

What a nice surprise, mine has been shipped too. :D
litlgrnman

Just got mine out of the mailbox!! Will be rockin it on the way to the golf course!

:headbang :mrgreen: :headbang
EyE

Shipped on the 8th, hopefully it will arrive here on tuesday. ;)
amegari_hikaru

mine is shipped on the 8th... but is a far jorney from the US to Chile... just waiting a little longer...
ZeyerGTR

Matwey wrote:
tcantafio wrote:There are a couple of songs that I'm really not too into yet, The Story of Light (the spoken Russian I find takes away from a rather excellent song),
I'd love to hear what the translation is, I like the track a lot.
LightWithoutHeat777

Just got mine today! I'm really diggin it! And Jesus Christ Weeping china doll was amazing!
ZeyerGTR

LightWithoutHeat777 wrote:Just got mine today! I'm really diggin it! And Jesus Christ Weeping china doll was amazing!
Hard to pick, but so far that's my favorite track on the album. John the Revelator is great. The solo in "The Moon and I" is just unreal. Creamsickle Sunset is an awesome track. Mullach a' TtSi' is beautiful. There's not a band tune on the record. The DVD is an awesome companion, too.
LightWithoutHeat777

ZeyerGTR wrote:
LightWithoutHeat777 wrote:Just got mine today! I'm really diggin it! And Jesus Christ Weeping china doll was amazing!
Hard to pick, but so far that's my favorite track on the album. John the Revelator is great. The solo in "The Moon and I" is just unreal. Creamsickle Sunset is an awesome track. Mullach a' TtSi' is beautiful. There's not a band tune on the record. The DVD is an awesome companion, too.
I agree! I listened to it start to finish and every track is cool in their own way! Can't wait to see these played live.
kyle am I

i know. i was predicting it was going to be the seventh song since we saw the live studio update thing. after that video the song was the only song i wanted to hear off the new allbum, and it did not dissapoint. the only thing is that when he plays it live, i dont know how hes going to balance on the digitech whammy and wah at the same time lol. maybe he will do the thing like what he did at astoria, having billy and dave hold him up while he does it.
tcantafio

ZeyerGTR wrote:
Matwey wrote:
I'd love to hear what the translation is, I like the track a lot.
Is the Russian translation not that of the English text in the liner notes? I'm just wondering why he chose Russian. Simple curiosity on my part...I have nothing against Russian! I'd still love an all instrumental version though. But I must admit the song has grown on me. The CD is fantastic.

T
tcantafio

People Of The World - Japanese Bonus track along with different cover art (slipcase).

Details:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Steve-Va ... ht_5067768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jenarom

What? A Japanese bonus track???

I mean, that's great! I love bonus tracks!

But, why do we have to find out about these things on a message board?
Why isn't there official word about something like this, which is clearly of value to their audience.