Steve's new album "The Story of Light" is being releas

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Jenn Pix

Already? And a dear friend called me to tell me she got hers, too.
Time for me to plant myself by the mailbox! :headbang
ocxcxd

It says it ships on 2012-08-14..... Can't wait :roll:
Jenn Pix

Just a question...
To those who already got it...
Did you get the Deluxe or the Platinum.?.
ocxcxd

Jenn Pix wrote:Just a question...
First wanted to oreder the Platinum, but I was a little too late and the Platinum was sold out, so I ordered the Deluxe package.
KenUPlayThat
Newcomer

Jenn Pix wrote:Just a question...

Deluxe
litlgrnman

Has anyone received the Platinum yet?
KenUPlayThat
Newcomer

ocxcxd wrote:
KenUPlayThat wrote:ocxcxd:

I have had an x100b since 1985. It was an awesome amp but, and this is a big "BUT" it was very LOUD. Took your head clean off on 1. I sold it to a collector friend of mine and bought a new Legend 3. Smaller, lighter but same big sound when you want it. You can pull it back and it still sounds great. Take my advice my friend, the Legend 3 is the way to go. Sounds beautiful, no additional overdrive pedal needed and has Midi channel switching.

Having said that if the x100b is what you're after you won't be disappointed, I remember mine fondly. Feedsback really sweet, you'll need an overdrive or distortion to go with it and yeah, it's as loud as you'll probably ever need. I ran a Boss TurboOverdrive with it for 10 years and then more recently a Boss GT-10 but any overdrive/distortion pedal will probably due. Maybe a Gemini :)

Ken

With Legend 3, I think you probably meant Legacy 3? Well, you know, here in Slovenia you can barely find ANY Legacy, I guess there are 5 in the whole country, maybe even less.... So this x100b I found very cheap, and I am comfortable with. And it even has an attenuator, which I like. Legacies are still a bit too expensive for me.... I don't know, maybe I'll trade it for the Legacy, if there would be any. I plan to run my guitar in to the Jemini, then into the Bad Horsie (which I still have to buy) and into the amp. I have a Digitech RP500 that I'd put into the FX Loop and bypass any amp simulation, and won't use drive on it.
Sorry, was typing too fast. That x100b should sound wonderful, you won't be disappointed. Depending on the last time it was re-tubed, you may have to do that. When you run it hot, they will go faster, especially the 4 6L6s power tubes. You'll know when because it will start "howling" when you turn the volume up with no guitar plugged in. Maybe you can get it a little cheaper if that's the case. :wink:
Jenn Pix

litlgrnman wrote:Has anyone received the Platinum yet?
Got mine Friday. :headbang
Was a little surprised to see only one pic... I thought we were supposed to get a set of pics
But I'm listening to the CD now... and already loving it :headbang
LightWithoutHeat777

I haven't received me platnium package yet, when should I get it?
R1FSR

Ive ordered the Platinum package and this is part of the various emails/reciept i got from topspin ..........

The Story of Light - Full Pre Sale Bundle: Autographed CD/DVD, 7" Vinyl, Plantable Postcard, Steve Vai Guitar Picks, Digital Download 1 $49.99

John The Revelator - 7" Vinyl Single .
The Story of Light - CD/DVD Deluxe Album .
Plantable Seeded ALBUM Postcard: Plant Postcard to grow flowers .
Steve Vai Guitar Picks: Guitar Picks .

DOWNLOAD
The Story of Light - Full Album Download: Digital Download .
Story of Light - Album Cover .

DOWNLOAD
High Quality MP3 (320 kbps) - Gravity Storm .

No-one has mentioned about it being signed !!
and picks suggest more than one pick !!
ocxcxd

R1FSR wrote:Ive ordered the Platinum package and this is part of the various emails/reciept i got from topspin ..........

The Story of Light - Full Pre Sale Bundle: Autographed CD/DVD, 7" Vinyl, Plantable Postcard, Steve Vai Guitar Picks, Digital Download 1 $49.99

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

But you have only The Gravity Storm available for instant download, or the whole album?
EyE

Nothing so far. Only have one receipt and it's says 'ship date 2012-08-14'.
ocxcxd

EyE wrote:Nothing so far. Only have one receipt and it's says 'ship date 2012-08-14'.
Same here.....
Jenn Pix

R1FSR wrote:Ive ordered the Platinum package and this is part of the various emails/reciept i got from topspin ..........

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

Yeah, mine also said autographed, but...
No autograph, and only the one pick.
Nowhere else have I seen mention of the autographs, so that was a little confusing. But I am wondering about the pick situation.
I do have the plantable cards, and I'm thinking I might get some large boxes or planter pots and do them in those. (coz Georgia clay... not the best growing medium! LOL)

I am really loving the album, and the DVD was fantastic. (I love the little inside bits and creative process...)

All in all, very very thrilled. Just the pics thing and wondering about the autograph thing. Momentary little
"Wait, what about.?." but it passed, and I am in love with it 8)
Matwey

tcantafio wrote:There are a couple of songs that I'm really not too into yet, The Story of Light (the spoken Russian I find takes away from a rather excellent song),
Nevermind, as translation would blow your mind anyway. :lol: