Announcing Steve Vai’s 2012 North American Fall Tour!

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
bruuzr
Newcomer

guitarmattms wrote:Is anyone else annoyed at prices for the EVO package?
I checked out the EVO price the show at the Grove in Anaheim CA, $345.00!!! Yes I have great seats already. I have done the EVO thing before, but for $345.00? i'll pass. For me and my wife it's almost $800.00!
kyle am I

yes. That really sucks. I don't think I can scrape up that kind of money in 2 months. I probably wont be going :'( oh well, Ill still go to the show and have a great time.
bruuzr wrote:
guitarmattms wrote:Is anyone else annoyed at prices for the EVO package?
I checked out the EVO price the show at the Grove in Anaheim CA, $345.00!!! Yes I have great seats already. I have done the EVO thing before, but for $345.00? i'll pass. For me and my wife it's almost $800.00!
jemvai777
Newcomer

We don't have any information about the naked pass. We don't know what's the difference between the evo experience and this pass. Can you please tell us beacause we don't know if we need to buy the evo experience or not. Thank you for your answer
R1FSR

naked pass is a meet and greet only

EVO is a meet and greet plus all the other goodies PLUS you get to play EVO ..Worth every penny if you ask me ....yes it is expensive but its a once in lifetime opportunity.

Meet and Greet
Q&A Session
Sound Check
Exclusive Tour Laminate
Print of Handwritten Score
Autographed 8x10 Photo
Vai Guitar Picks
Vai Sticker
Autographed Vai/DiMarzio Guitar Strap
2012 The Story of Light Tour Program
guitarmattms

R1FSR wrote:naked pass is a meet and greet only

EVO is a meet and greet plus all the other goodies PLUS you get to play EVO ..Worth every penny if you ask me ....yes it is expensive but its a once in lifetime opportunity.

Meet and Greet
Q&A Session
Sound Check
Exclusive Tour Laminate
Autographed 8x10 Photo
Vai Guitar Picks
Vai Sticker

At first I thought it was to much money and still is but hell I can't pass this up. He doesn't tour much and you don't know what he may decide in the future. I"m going to do it. I just put it on a credit card and going to pay it back in small amounts. I have a guitar that's already signed by 2 great Ibanez endorsers and would love to get Steve Vai's.
Vaifan1982

Any further news on the naked passes? They have to still be honoured after the expiration date anywhere in the world on this world tour.
Jenn Pix

R1FSR wrote: EVO is a meet and greet plus all the other goodies PLUS you get to play EVO ..Worth every penny if you ask me ....yes it is expensive but its a once in lifetime opportunity.

Meet and Greet
Q&A Session
Sound Check
Exclusive Tour Laminate
Autographed 8x10 Photo
Vai Guitar Picks
Vai Sticker
*ouch!*
So much "I want..." here, and ... *ouch!!* just no fre@kin' way to do it! We still gotta diagnose and then fix the car just so we can get to the show and back!
But OMG, I have had dreams of the whole EVO Experience... I can honestly see myself there... but for that price tag. D@mn.

Ahh, but I can't really cry, coz we do have our tickets for the show... :headbang We're gonna make a day of it, get there early so we can grab a close spot. And that alone... is just fantastic to me! 8)
And all y'all who do go, (I know I don't have to tell you...) have a great time! ...and, details, so I can dream it some more? LOL!

Can't wait! Anyone else going to the Atlanta show.?.
CyberAlien

never mind...
Last edited by CyberAlien on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sickpunk
Newcomer

You get to play the EVO with the EVO package?
Jonny5
Newcomer

Can anyone help me please. I have been emailing evo@vai.com in order to find out what time I should turn up at the show in fort Lauderdale on the 15th august. All I know is the show itself is at 7.30. Apart from that I have had no info emailed to me whatsoever. I am lucky enough to have the evo experience but it is a nightmare trying to get further info out of evo@vai.com or Ticketmaster. I just want to know what the further info was that they said I should wait for! Thanks if anyone can help.
Jzbass25
Newcomer

Jonny5 wrote:Can anyone help me please. I have been emailing evo@vai.com in order to find out what time I should turn up at the show in fort Lauderdale on the 15th august. All I know is the show itself is at 7.30. Apart from that I have had no info emailed to me whatsoever. I am lucky enough to have the evo experience but it is a nightmare trying to get further info out of evo@vai.com or Ticketmaster. I just want to know what the further info was that they said I should wait for! Thanks if anyone can help.
I'm getting no info either for my show on the 17th, it's a bit disconcerting.
JCShroyer
Newcomer

I finally scraped up the spare cash to buy the EVO package for the Atlanta show and now it's no longer on sale. :|

If there anyone that can make this happen I'd greatly appreciate it, even if it's just the meet & greet pass without all of the merch extras.

Jonathan Shroyer
jcshroyer@gmail.com