G3 2012 European Tour: Steve Vai, Joe Satriani & Steve Morse

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vai.com News

Steve Vai & Joe Satriani will be joined by Steve Morse as the G3 tour tears through Europe this summer! Its a G3 World Domination as the first show of the New Zealand/Australia tour kicks off tomorrow featuring Vai, Satriani & Steve Lukather.   7/21/12 – Offenbach Stadthalle – Frankfurt, Germany 7/22/12 – 10...
Pape

I'm excited that Europe gets a G3....But the dates so far show July and August, does that mean we don't get a summer album release, or is Mr. Vai going to be amazingly busy this summer? Maybe a fall album/tour? eh?
777lovein

witch – Frankfurt? :peace
smiffy

I can't wait. Hamburg here I come! :guitar
mycroft777
Newcomer

Still no UK dates?
Already 3 in Germany?
smiffy

I'm puzzled by the lack of activity on this forum. A fantastic G3 line-up is coming to Europe and nobody talks about it? It wasn't like that in the old days! Does anybody know what type of band Steve will bring across the Atlantic, will he play material from his new record and will there be added more tour dates? Sorry if I ask questions that could be found elsewhere - I've looked and I just haven't found them.
Prezidentman

smiffy wrote:I'm puzzled by the lack of activity on this forum. A fantastic G3 line-up is coming to Europe and nobody talks about it? It wasn't like that in the old days! Does anybody know what type of band Steve will bring across the Atlantic, will he play material from his new record and will there be added more tour dates? Sorry if I ask questions that could be found elsewhere - I've looked and I just haven't found them.
That's because we really don't know any of this stuff and it's hard to get any type of a official response these days....I too often find information of this sort elsewhere.
smiffy

Prezidentman wrote:
smiffy wrote:I'm puzzled by the lack of activity on this forum. A fantastic G3 line-up is coming to Europe and nobody talks about it? It wasn't like that in the old days! Does anybody know what type of band Steve will bring across the Atlantic, will he play material from his new record and will there be added more tour dates? Sorry if I ask questions that could be found elsewhere - I've looked and I just haven't found them.
That's because we really don't know any of this stuff and it's hard to get any type of a official response these days....I too often find information of this sort elsewhere.
Thanks. Can you reveal where you get your info, or is it a secret? Anyhow - I hope that Steve's European fan base is equally as excited about this tour, as I am. :P
Prezidentman

smiffy wrote:
Prezidentman wrote:
Thanks. Can you reveal where you get your info, or is it a secret? Anyhow - I hope that Steve's European fan base is equally as excited about this tour, as I am. :P
Oh, it's no secret...I usually check Dave Weiner's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/daveweinermusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and his site for info, he usually answers these types of questions on his forums, so that's a great source of information....
And I am looking forward to the tour, I've already got tickets to the show.
smiffy

Prezidentman wrote: Oh, it's no secret...I usually check Dave Weiner's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/daveweinermusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and his site for info, he usually answers these types of questions on his forums, so that's a great source of information....
Thanks a lot. I got my tickets for the Hamburg show by mail yesterday. Love it! But why isn't vai.com answering these questions themselves? It didn't use to be like that.
Prezidentman

smiffy wrote:
Prezidentman wrote: Oh, it's no secret...I usually check Dave Weiner's facebook page http://www.facebook.com/daveweinermusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and his site for info, he usually answers these types of questions on his forums, so that's a great source of information....
Thanks a lot. I got my tickets for the Hamburg show by mail yesterday. Love it! But why isn't vai.com answering these questions themselves? It didn't use to be like that.
You're right, but it's been this way for years now..with the expansion of Facebook, Twitter and whatnot they probably just don't want to or can't afford to spend the time to browse these forums and answer the questions on regular basis, which understandably de-motivates the fans to come here and discuss things more often...