“The Middle of Everywhere”

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vai.com News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7oYnWLD9I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; For over a year, I have been composing a very intricate composition called “The Middle of Everywhere.” Its as beautiful as it is bizarre. How unlike me. Periodically, I would record myself with a webcam or whatever device was nearby to capture ideas which I would later notate, usually by hand. I worked on [...]
pauldlr

Gutted cos I can't afford to get there this year and after watching the video and the effort put in (as always) even more so. Hope (and i'm sure it will) it all goes well.
lastmohican

18000 $ per night!!! It must be wrong. :shock:
R1FSR

lastmohican wrote:18000 $ per night!!! It must be wrong. :shock:

Ultraluxe Beach Villas Villa Nina & Rockstar

between 7,000 € – 25,000 € per night

Our Rates Include:
V.I.P airport transfers in a spacious air conditioned chauffeur driven vehicle
A personal and very warm welcome on The Angels Terrace followed by a look around the Eden Rock property arriving
at your own house, suite, room or cabin
Kayaks, paddleboards and snorkelling equipment for diving on the coral reef nearby
Access to a well equipped gym
Soft white coral sandy beaches of St Jean where serviced sun-loungers and shady umbrellas are watched over by
our amiable ER Beach Team
Use of office facilities in the Guest Business Centre where computers, stationery, printers and scanning facilities are provided
A really splendid breakfast buffet served daily at the Sand Bar Restaurant where tables overlook the blue Caribbean sea just paces away

A local government tax of 5% is added to the final accommodation bill.

http://www.edenrockhotel.com/accommodat ... -rockstar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i bet even Steve was glad he was a guest at those prices lol.....does look stuning tho
lastmohican

Glup :!:
b2

Interesting. I hope the composition will be released on cd one day.
It "remains" me of some "contemporary classical music" (or what to call it).
I could here some Vai DNA in it, but hard to say yet before we can hear the real thing.

Will Vai be conducting himself?

I would love to hear some Vai compositions with smaller ensembles too.
My "music brain" find it hard to follow/hear more than 3-4 "contrapoint voices".
So I like it sometimes "simple", sweet and simple.
And a Vai chorale composition would be something to experience and hear I guess :)

Keep up the good work, but don't forget to "torture" the guitar!
Prezidentman

I sure hope he plans to eventually release all these huge pieces of music....