Twitter | stevevai: Looking for a warehouse for Jan-May. Goi

Latest news and blog postings directly from the Vai.com News page and Steve's tour blog.
Vai.com Feeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

stevevai: Looking for a warehouse for Jan-May. Going totally underground. Been collecting ideas for 2 years. It's all clear now. A new world of music

http://twitter.com/stevevai/statuses/5882442263
sunai

made my day
R1FSR

Hmmmm
sounds very intriguing ... look forward to hearing more info
litlgrnman

Sounds promising! There's a couple of warehouses around here sitting empty...

:mrgreen:
Matwey

Finally.
Ekim

Finally.. what? He didn't SAY anything.
ClarkyNZ

Come to Christchurch, New Zeland. There are empty warehouses everywhere due to the economic situation, and when you need inspiration, go for a short drive to enjoy the view:

Samuele

I agree, it sounds very promising, and the thought of Steve immersing himself into the process of making his musical ideas an audible reality makes me really happy. I love his attitude when it comes to creating music. :)
bennyvx78

I don't get it? .He's lookin' for a empty warehouse to make and rec. music?
Sounds like a cool idea, But what happend to the "mothership" or the
"harmony hut" ? Those are fine studio's aswel...
matic22

Maybe something with orchestra... and band...?
bennyvx78

The man is always full of mystery's .. :D .. we'll see.
cbr1000f

Ekim wrote:Finally.. what? He didn't SAY anything.
I do remember Steve talking about a totally new concept of bringing his art to the fans. It was mentioned on one of his postcards or in an interview. I really can't remember where I read it.
But that was years ago. I didn't hear a thing about it since then. In the mean time the concept of legally downloading music became a fact (iTunes etc). So I thought that Steve's concept was something similar. But finally he speaks about it again (even though it's just another mysterious glimpse).
John

He talked about this at the master classes I attended.
It involves a large band (with strings...), performing and filming a long piece of music, focusing on him first, then as the camera slowly moves backwards, the other musicians appear both on image and in the musical spectrum, until it reaches the back - the moment where you can see and hear everyone. Then as the camera slowly moves forward again, you get the opposite effect.
Don't take what I say for granted as I'm sure plans change, as they always do, but this was the main idea. The way he talked about it was really exciting, it's gonna be very unique for sure.
I can't wait! :guitar
bennyvx78

I feel like such a dork man. I had to miss the masterclasses because
i was moving to another place. Steve should keep the warehouse and also
make it a steve vai musuem .that would be fun to . ;)
cbr1000f

John wrote:He talked about this at the master classes I attended.
It involves a large band (with strings...), performing and filming a long piece of music, focusing on him first, then as the camera slowly moves backwards, the other musicians appear both on image and in the musical spectrum, until it reaches the back - the moment where you can see and hear everyone. Then as the camera slowly moves forward again, you get the opposite effect.
Don't take what I say for granted as I'm sure plans change, as they always do, but this was the main idea. The way he talked about it was really exciting, it's gonna be very unique for sure.
I can't wait! :guitar
John, thanks for the info, that sounds very interesting!
What about a disc with video content that has interactive possibilities?
Like the example you gave (or Steve gave in the masterclass you attented). Wouldn't it be interesting if you could move back & forth through this place yourself with the same audiovisual effect that you explained?
Like walking through a virtual building (e.g. a virtual museum) but now with a sound dimension.
It almost sounds like making a videogame. Well this may be way too expensive to develop...
But that would be something :)