G3 Update

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
slapgup

Wow Steve- I'm happy that you are so excited about this tour. I agree with you about the energy of this show. It starts from the first blast of blue fog and never lets up! I taped the Portland show and have listened to the entire show at least a dozen times. What can I say- it just fat out kicks ass. As for Yngwie- thanks for the chance to finally see him play- he IS a guitar icon. Hearing Island in the Sun for the first time was one of those guitar moments like Eruption that only come around like once or twice a decade. There are a few people who unfortunately get a crappy seat or whatever and a few whose cup is generally half empty but I enjoyed every minute even IN my crappy seat way in the back! And Steve I gotta tell ya- your set was insane!!! Thanks Steve,Joe, and Yngwie!!!!
Gamera
Newcomer

Steve Himself wrote:

All your thoughts and words on the shows are important to us, the good and the not so good. It helps me to try and improve so keep it coming.
Thank you so much.

Peace
s
Thanks for taking the time to post and for providing this forum for us to "talk" with you. Very cool!

As for trying to "improve," just keep having fun. When you guys have fun, we have fun.

The Milwaukee show was great! It inspired me to make my first iTunes purchases, assembling my own "best of" G3 album. So far it's a 2 CD collection! Keep having fun and thanks, Steve!
King Snake

:worship:

thanks for the inspiration, and the gift you share with all of us :)

only wish i could meet you :) *wink wink: hook it up with some backstage passes some time ;)*

i think you guys should let this tour go on FOReeeeeVER! lol:D
noeltazz
Newcomer

Great to see you're so thrilled about the tour.

I was also wondering if there would be any chance of an encore show in Los Angeles... So many people want to see you guys one more time in L.A., Maybe you could do one last show here, at the completion of the tour. I understand N.Y. will get two shows, I'm sure there are thousands of people in L.A. that want to see you guys one more time as well.
Ivo
Newcomer

Steve Himself wrote:Just wanted to write and apologize for not writing more. Sometimes touring does not allow for time to oneself.

It's virtually impossible for me to write down words that can adequately express my sheer joy in being on this tour. Possibly my favorite G3 experience.

Joe and I both agree that it was a great idea to have Yngwie out with us. He brings quite the spark of excitement. Besides his breathtaking technique and entertaining stage persona, he is genuinely fun to hang out with. He's very funny and it's a real hoot to just listen to him tell stories. Joe and I are both very happy with the way it is turning out and both feel that Yngwie has brought a different kind of energy to the show. He's honest and authentic. It's important to give him his space and let him do the thing that makes him the historical musician that he is.

Standing in-between both Yngwie and Joe is quite an interesting experience. Quite terrifying at times but I savor every moment. Opening up our communication muscle during the jam and watching what these guys come out with each night is truly inspirational to me. They are the elite of the elite and one can not help but to be inspired by being a part of their energy.

I feel as if we all offer different things and the truth is we are mostly concerned with making the G3 experience a thoroughly entertaining one for everybody, an experience that you can not find any place else and one that you can walk away feeling totally fulfilled. From what I'm reading it looks like we are achieving this goal, yay!

I never take for granted, not even for a moment how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to go out and play for all the folks that attend the shows. During the jam at the Concord show Joe and I hit on some elevated euphoric jamming moments. I am wordless in describing the sheer joy of those moments. After the show Joe came up to me and said "we are really lucky". I could not agree with him more.

All your thoughts and words on the shows are important to us, the good and the not so good. It helps me to try and improve so keep it coming.
Thank you so much.

Peace
s
Hi, Steve!
Lots of greetings from Bulgaria! You made my dreams come true when you came up to play in The National Palace of Culture in Sofia ( April, 16, 2000). Unforgetable! In every way! :D
We are waiting for G3 to come here and play again. (both Yngwie and Joe also have made great shows here, and it would be a paradise if you decide to visit our country again). I hope,Steve, that you read that post.

An inspired guitar player
badhorsie

steeeeve!!!
hey, please come to europe!
europeeuropeeuropeeuropeeuropeeuropeeuropeeuropeeurope

i never had the chance to see a g3 tour. everytime i listen to g3 cds i dream of standin in the audience and feel the magic you have...
and reading the posts how genious the shows are kills me!

europe is waitin for u, and one crazy guy in germany would be overjoyed for the rest of his life...

bad horsie
Captain Relief
Newcomer

badhorsie wrote: europe is waitin for u, and one crazy guy in germany would be overjoyed for the rest of his life...
I couldn't agree more. Bring G3 to Finland too if you come touring in Europe... 8)
shader

Ivo: was that the gig where "Incantation" was recorded.
Proxi
Newcomer

Steve, I just wanted to say......... you and Joe are not just awesome on stage but also off stage. It was an honor and previlage to meet and chat with both of you and Joe after your show in Seattle. I was a bit disappointed that Yngwie didn't show up at the meet and greet (with all those moves that Yngwie did on stage - I don't blame him if he gets exhausted after the show :) ) but still being able to meet you and Joe was a blast. Both you and Joe looked really tired that night after the show but you guys still hang around to greet all your fans. It's nice to know that you're having a good time playing up there as much as your crowd does when they watch the show. Kudos to you, Joe, and Yngwie!!

Keep it loud.
~Primo
yellowdogg
Newcomer

Steve
First I just wanted to say what a great show it was in Kansas City. I was comletely placed in the Ultra Zone that evening. I also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to meet the 15 or so of us before the show. I am very pleased to know that with everything thing else you are in life you still make time for the people who look up to you. I would also like to express my gratitude for accepting a CD of my original material. That cd is a big part of me as is the rest of my music and I want you to know that you inspire much of what I do. The fact that you accepted my CD means the world to me and any input, constructive criticism, ideas or anything would also be much appreciated Thanks again for all that you give to us
Jason Winnie
yellowdogg22@hotmail.com
formaldeflimit
Newcomer

Hey Steve!

I went to the October 23 Detroit show and was completely blown away! The three of you together makes for a letal combination of musical euphony! I'm sure you'll remember who I am... afterall, I had the signs that read "YOU SUCK DUDE!" as well as the three other 'critiques' from "The Reaper Rap". You certainly deserved the "EXCELLENT!" sign after your incredible solo during the song. In fact, you deserved it before even taking the stage! I will definately attend all G3 tours that occur from hereon! You rock! My only disappointment... I didn't get a green pick, Dr. Vai!

Jeffrey K
RosinDubh
Newcomer

Great to see Steve post - have to agree with the other few begging for an european tour! Reading all the reviews/seeing the photos on these boards is and agony for anyone stuck in europe!

Hope to see you in Vicar's St soon Steve!
Jackhammer

Steve Himself wrote:Just wanted to write and apologize for not writing more. Sometimes touring does not allow for time to oneself.

It's virtually impossible for me to write down words that can adequately express my sheer joy in being on this tour. Possibly my favorite G3 experience.

Joe and I both agree that it was a great idea to have Yngwie out with us. He brings quite the spark of excitement. Besides his breathtaking technique and entertaining stage persona, he is genuinely fun to hang out with. He's very funny and it's a real hoot to just listen to him tell stories. Joe and I are both very happy with the way it is turning out and both feel that Yngwie has brought a different kind of energy to the show. He's honest and authentic. It's important to give him his space and let him do the thing that makes him the historical musician that he is.

Standing in-between both Yngwie and Joe is quite an interesting experience. Quite terrifying at times but I savor every moment. Opening up our communication muscle during the jam and watching what these guys come out with each night is truly inspirational to me. They are the elite of the elite and one can not help but to be inspired by being a part of their energy.

I feel as if we all offer different things and the truth is we are mostly concerned with making the G3 experience a thoroughly entertaining one for everybody, an experience that you can not find any place else and one that you can walk away feeling totally fulfilled. From what I'm reading it looks like we are achieving this goal, yay!

I never take for granted, not even for a moment how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to go out and play for all the folks that attend the shows. During the jam at the Concord show Joe and I hit on some elevated euphoric jamming moments. I am wordless in describing the sheer joy of those moments. After the show Joe came up to me and said "we are really lucky". I could not agree with him more.

Thank you so much.

Peace
s
All I can say is :

Keep on doing your thing Steve ;)
mr.squirrel
Newcomer

steve the Nashville show cannot be topped G5 thats crazy I really think the DVD should have been recorded there in the famous Ryman Auditorioum. Truly amazing, Jeremy rules the whole band ruled.I just wish I could have got a pick I was so close when you came to the right side. Oh well. Great show
cyndi
Newcomer

Hey Steve,
Thanks for caring enough and taking the time to post your thoughts. It was a great show in KC! This was my first G3, and first time seeing you or Yngwie, had seen Joe in 1988 and again late last year.....I was in total awe and amazement thru out the show! Thanks again!

Cyndi

G3/04.......Vai,Satriani,.... Masi or Chastain?