G3 Update

Been to a Vai show? Review it here. Please post in the appropriate thread for each show!
Steve Himself
VIP
VIP

Just wanted to write and apologize for not writing more. Sometimes touring does not allow for time to oneself.

It's virtually impossible for me to write down words that can adequately express my sheer joy in being on this tour. Possibly my favorite G3 experience.

Joe and I both agree that it was a great idea to have Yngwie out with us. He brings quite the spark of excitement. Besides his breathtaking technique and entertaining stage persona, he is genuinely fun to hang out with. He's very funny and it's a real hoot to just listen to him tell stories. Joe and I are both very happy with the way it is turning out and both feel that Yngwie has brought a different kind of energy to the show. He's honest and authentic. It's important to give him his space and let him do the thing that makes him the historical musician that he is.

Standing in-between both Yngwie and Joe is quite an interesting experience. Quite terrifying at times but I savor every moment. Opening up our communication muscle during the jam and watching what these guys come out with each night is truly inspirational to me. They are the elite of the elite and one can not help but to be inspired by being a part of their energy.

I feel as if we all offer different things and the truth is we are mostly concerned with making the G3 experience a thoroughly entertaining one for everybody, an experience that you can not find any place else and one that you can walk away feeling totally fulfilled. From what I'm reading it looks like we are achieving this goal, yay!

I never take for granted, not even for a moment how fortunate we are to have the opportunity to go out and play for all the folks that attend the shows. During the jam at the Concord show Joe and I hit on some elevated euphoric jamming moments. I am wordless in describing the sheer joy of those moments. After the show Joe came up to me and said "we are really lucky". I could not agree with him more.

All your thoughts and words on the shows are important to us, the good and the not so good. It helps me to try and improve so keep it coming.
Thank you so much.

Peace
s
steeda

Hey Steve thanks for posting. I saw the 11th and 18th shows and had a blast. Best concert experience ever. Your Whispering a Prayer performance was absolutely astounding, as was the rest of your set. Thanks for coming to my city of San Diego and signing my Jem 7V! Enjoy the rest of your tour, the fans will!

I am in agreement with you about Yngwie. When I 1st learned of his place on the bill I almost fell out of my chair. I wish I could have made it to more than 2 shows! I told my friend during the jam, as you, Joe, and Yng were all lined up soloing, "you'll NEVER see anything like this again". I have listened to Joe since 1987, you since around 1990, and Yngwie since 1986.

God bless
jargon
Newcomer

Steve, great show you put on in Denver. I'm so thankful that I'll get to relive that experience when the DVD comes out. Your band and your set were fantastic!!

Peace. 8)
blindmuddy
Newcomer

I think it's way cool you guys took him out with you. Most people would shy away from it for whatever reason. To see the three of you up there going off was truly amazing. Definitely a memorable show. Maybe next time ULI? I dont think he's been here since the mid 80s?
John

Glad you're having fun!
I wish you guys would come to Europe though. Oh well. Your next solo tour better be bitching! :wink:
Take care
John (Pusztai)
Angelina
Newcomer

Great show steve(Detroit Oct 23rd),,, Im very dissapointed though how you left you fans after the show.... we waited for 45 mins and as they let me in to meet you they said that you just left,,,, its sad how you couldnt make time(20 more min's) to see the last 10 people waitin there to meet you..... Always remember, you wouldnt be where you are without us, The Fans!!!
Sorry but I had been lookin forward to meet you and Im still upset about the way you let me down

:cry:
good luck with the rest of the tour... :wink:
Willin

I'm still waiting to see you guys perform in New York! :) I just have one question; has there been any word on the DVD? Will it make it to any of the shows, or is it looking doubtful? No biggie either way, it will be released a few days after the tour is over if it's not available in time.

Thanks for the update,
Willin

P.S. - Paul Gilbert next year? That guy can work a crowd, haha!
Willin

Angelina wrote:Great show steve(Detroit Oct 23rd),,, Im very dissapointed though how you left you fans after the show.... we waited for 45 mins and as they let me in to meet you they said that you just left,,,, its sad how you couldnt make time(20 more min's) to see the last 10 people waitin there to meet you..... Always remember, you wouldnt be where you are without us, The Fans!!!
Sorry but I had been lookin forward to meet you and Im still upset about the way you let me down

:cry:
good luck with the rest of the tour... :wink:
I'm sure that Steve would have gladly greeted you if he had enough time alloted to him. Sorry to hear that you didn't get to meet him, but that is the way of the world. :? He's a rock star so i'm sure he has a very difficult time greeting everyone. I am sure he is grateful that you are his fan!
{the_crow}
Newcomer

Dear steve:

i don´t know if you will ever read this post but..i wanna tell you that..in this late night of 24 of october..reading your post was..a kind of magic...my heart is pounding with happyness...how good is to read such a wise and noble words...of someone o trully knows what music is all about...i am a fan of this years G3 for 2 decads now... i have passed 2 decades dreaming with this!! the 3 "Gods" of guitar playing sharing the same stage ( how i wish that in one of the concerts Eddy Van Hale showed yup as a special guest!!! eddy is for me...with you 3 guys those magicians that came out to give us pure pure pure magic!!! ) ... i wanna thank you with all my heart...i love you guys!! God bless you all!!!

Pedro Viegas

ps- pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee g3 on Portugal !!!!! come!!!!!!!!!

[edit Mod777 - deleted some e's, a's, s's, and e's to prevent forum thread scrolling. :)]
modal

thanks for being who you are Steve, an inspiration musically and spiritually..

flew in from Hawaii to see the Greek theatre show and had an unforgettable musical experience..
keep on man
davester1234

You rule Steve.

It's always nice to see how a guy that's so damn good at what he does can be so down to earth, and humble.

That's part of what makes following your career consistently fresh...you seem to never cease to amaze. On or off stage.

man, you're a class act.

Did I mention that you kick butt? :wink:

Thanx for paying us a visit!!!!

[By the way, to everyone out there - its really funny because when I came to the forum tonite, which I do almost every night, I had a really strange feeling that something very special would be waiting. Honestly, it's weird, because I never expect messages from Steve, given as how busy he is. We all know that. But, for some reason, I just knew there was gonna be a post by him, had a gut feeling, and when I saw a thread started by Steve, I wasn't surprised at all. Man, how weird is that?? :shock:]

steve , in the immortal words of mr zappa , just shut up and play guitar lol
thanks for the show in vancouver , sorry I didn't get to talk with you at the meet and greet , I was sick as a dog , I got to say hi and you signed some stuff , just keep on making great music .

ps - yes yngwie is a important part of this tour :wink:
jeff coen
Newcomer

Dear Steve, Enjoyed the show at the Greek very much. This was My first
G-3 show. But second time for seeing You and same for Joe. First time ever for Yngwie. Very interesting the different performance styles. You
were very polished and quite the showman. Joe is cool seems like He could do it in his sleep no flash just down to business. Yngwie He likes to put on a show but very respectable player. We hung around afterwords
to try and get You to sign our c/ds etc. and We managed to do so. My Son
who thinks You are just the greatest was the one who got His c/d knocked out of HIS hand by some over excited fan. But He hung in there and got it signed anyway thanks for signing my Ultrazone also. If I could say one thing about You that came across very well is the fact that You with all Your talent are so Humble. Good luck on the rest of the tour and God BLESS!
Looking forward to seeing you again.
THANKS J.Coen
anuj

Thanks, Steve .. Reno and Concord were a BLAST! Thanks for making the beautiful music and elevating it with the others to bring out the best from everyone.

peace, and r.s.

~A
kirk_slossar
Newcomer

I posted some lackluster comments about Yngwie's performance at The Palace in Aubrun Hills, Michigan. But I can't pull any punches. I posted my opinion, what I honestly felt, and I stand by my statements.

I think it's great that Mr. Vai has his finger on the pulse of the tour. I was greatful for the opportunity to see all three guitarists. There is no doubt that these men are giants among men. The third "G" is always one that inspires much conversation; err, debate, but nonetheless all are prodigies in their own discipline.

Alas, I am just one fish an ocean of many.

Does this mean I am not on the Christmas card list any more? ;)

OH, BTW, very cool idea with the t-shirts - they glow in the dark!