Im the hell outta here

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Patrick_JEM
Newcomer

I was just hoping if any of you guys knew where i could find tabs to "I`m the hell outta here." I saw Steve perform the song on the G3 dvd and that song blew my mind. It kicks so much ass that you will end up with a red, burning ass after watching it( that`s kinda the feeling I got after watching it :lol: ). Anyways can someone pleas tell me where to find tabs for that song. I`ve searched the internet but i can`t find it anywhere.
GuitarMofo23

I am pretty sure no one has tabbed it out on the internet but you can find the song or at least similar to it in the elusive light and sound tab book. Its the same song just with out the harmonicpeice and playing each others instruments. Also if you liked the G3 one that performance of that song was nothing compared to the song when Steve played at the Eric Clapton GuitarCrossroads Festival. I recomend that dvd it has Steve and many other great guitar players.
JinJo

go to www.guitarpro.com and download the program then go to www.mysongbook.com and search fot it, they have it.

Mind you it's not the G3 version.
Knyq

i have the tab book for elusive light and sound, its in there.

there is also a good version at www.powertabs.net

its the original version, not the g3 version. i doubt a tab for the g3 version exists.
Mixolydian
Newcomer

If you want to get better at guitar and help you ears out u
should try to transcribe it.
u2

btw sorry off topic alittle...whats the thing called when steve frets a chord with his fretting hand and uses his right hand to whack / strum both sides of the neck really quickly.
Tom Gilroy

I figured a bit of it out. Since you can see where his hands are on the DVD it make it a bit easier.
beckisagod

u2 wrote:btw sorry off topic alittle...whats the thing called when steve frets a chord with his fretting hand and uses his right hand to whack / strum both sides of the neck really quickly.
He basically hits harmonics there. I don`t remember exactly and I`m too tired to watch it now, but it was something along the lines of hitting an artificial harmonic of the 12th fret of the E string and then hitting a harmonic on the 5th fret, same string. So, what comes out is basically the high E string, but it`s a hell of a lot cooler to watch:)
I hope you understood.
Ariel

I havent heard this song, but ive seen a pic from it live. I think he does the double hand tapp stuff thingy :lol: like in building the church and sweet lady luck
u2

beckisagod wrote:
u2 wrote:btw sorry off topic alittle...whats the thing called when steve frets a chord with his fretting hand and uses his right hand to whack / strum both sides of the neck really quickly.
He basically hits harmonics there. I don`t remember exactly and I`m too tired to watch it now, but it was something along the lines of hitting an artificial harmonic of the 12th fret of the E string and then hitting a harmonic on the 5th fret, same string. So, what comes out is basically the high E string, but it`s a hell of a lot cooler to watch:)
I hope you understood.
ok i get what u mean..by i have to hit lightly right?
beckisagod

u2 wrote:ok i get what u mean..by i have to hit lightly right?
Well, I guess turn up your amp and experiment. The hitting has to be swift and precise so that it rings out. And at that speed it has to be pretty hard I guess. Just try it. Actually, I haven`t tried it so I don`t know exactly:)