Principessa Piano

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Jem

I didnt exactly know where to post this so im sorry if its in the wrong spot but, does anyone know where to find piano music for principessa or any of vai's songs? any help is appreciated. thanks.
Jemfever

Hi Jem,
I know this post comes a little late but maybe it can help you.
Ever heard of "Power Tab" ?Try this one:
http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=browse

First download the program and then look for Vai.There're about 80 tabs for Vai.All of the tabs are not only written but you can actually hear what you're playing 'cause the tab is converted into midi.For Principessa thre's a great transcription for guitar and for the piano parts.
Hope this can help.
Regards,Jemfever
Jem

thanks a lot, but i already have that. i took most of the piano solos from the guitar tab onto piano but i thought the song might sound nice completely on piano. im not really a piano player so i dont really know how to make it a solo arrangement for piano. plus i can play it on guitar but i dont know like ANY theory so it gets a bit more frusturating to take it from guitar to piano. thanks for the reply though
Jemfever

Maybe you should try google.I've often found some good midi files for accompaniment.
Good luck!

PS: try musicrobot(s ??).com
sorry but i haven't got the link!
Jem

i tried searching on google but ill have to try musicrobot. thanks fore your help
Jem

hmm, now i want to learn the piano part from Angel Food, so i dont suppose anyone has that either? :lol:
shader

IIRC, isn't that piece physically impossible to play?
Ryan Layton
Banned

yes, but i think the official transcription is mike keneely's version which is modified.
Jem

what makes it impossible to play? and i dont suppose i could get a hold of mike keneally's transcription, eh?
RAI

Steve programmed the piano part using a computer (sequencer, of some kind), and it's simply physically impossible to play it as it appears on the record. Sure, a computer can play it, but not a human.

But, is Steve really human.....?

:wink:
Notoriousrobertz
Newcomer

the official fire garden book is really good, it has the guitar and piano part transcribed for angel food. as per being physically impossible, the only part that is the part that is only played once on the record but played twice on the version on AIAUW (the left hand jumps are insane, yet unnecessary for the overall sound so its cheatable without any noticeable difference). the rest of it is possible, yet difficult haha....anyway what i REALLY REALLY want is a piano/guitar transcription of an evening with john petrucci and jordan rudess, i would kill for them to make that book haha...
Bakerman

I didn't think the tabbook version was totally accurate on some things, so I made a midi of it which hopefully fixed up more than what I messed up. :-) This was back when I was 16 and I've noticed mistakes since then like the opening key slide being all white keys rather than chromatic (as implied by the book's suggestion to rake the strings inside the chamber) but it still sounds good. Also makes a nice track to play guitar along with.

http://s92612683.onlinehome.us/midi/angelfood.mid