Shredding Songs

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
XSteveDudeX

GuitarMaster wrote: Flight - This is played by nuno. It is part of a longer track (with an original song in it) that he has on one of his CDs with his old band.
I thought that Nuno Bettencourt's version was called "Flight of The Wounded Bumblebee"? I also heard that he won some sort of award for that.
badhorsie551

Flight of the bumble bee can be 2 different people as far as i know. IF there you can hear delay it is most likely Nuno Bettencourt's track from one of the early Extreme records called "flight of the wounded bumble bee". IF it is a live solo it is probably John Petrucci from the Dream Theater record "once in a livetime".

Somewhere over the rainbow is by Chris Impelliteril.I got this from Yngwie's official website. Posted below

I found an MP3 on Napster called "Over the Rainbow," that says it's by Yngwie. Is it really him?
A. No. You can't trust anything you find on Napster or similar music file-sharing sites. The track "Over the Rainbow" is by Chris Impelliteri, on his 1988 album "Stand in Line."

Beethovens 5th i have not the slightest clue but i know for sure it isnt a Well known guitarist (vai,satch,yngwie,petrucci,nuno etc etc etc.)
guyzif

I've got the tab for the John Petrucci Flight of the bumblebee but I can't quite figure out at what time it actually starts in the once in a livetime Guitar solo. Can anyone help?
The Gardener

Check out The Great Kat.
ernzzz

the Nuno Bettencourt fotw-bumblebee version its as hard as the cover of the classical music piece done by some like JP.. u got to use more the brain for it.. he uses a delay yes... but try picking at that tempo and playing THAT! i use alternate+sweep picking and there are places i find hard to apply it.. i've seen the video and Nuno plays it with just downstrokes.. its crazy... i just can play it comfortably at half speed..
Ricardo

The first thing I thought was Great Kat, since she has all three on an album called "Beethoven on Speed". But her playing is really a joke, not to be taken seriously. She gets a cool rhythm guitar sound oddly enough, but her music is making fun of the macho ego shred mentality. Nuno's piece is his own composition, not the real classical piece.

Richard
80s fan

Hey, it was yngwie who played beethovens 5th. And sometimes he'll play little parts of it in live solos.
shader

It's not Yngwie. It's Trans Siberian Orchestra.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

listen to the clip for "Requiem (the fifth)"

I need a special button to reply to this question....
spcastlemagic

On the John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess CD JP plays a studio version of the Flight of The Bumblebee called "Bite of the Mosquito".

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846 this is the album on Amazon, and you can listen to a preview of it. It's un-frickin-belivable.
80s fan

shader wrote:It's not Yngwie. It's Trans Siberian Orchestra.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... c&n=507846

listen to the clip for "Requiem (the fifth)"
Its not yngwie? thats wierd because my freind has the video of him playing it live. And theres even a song on 1 of my cds were after about 7 minutes he plays it again.
shader

If you're downloading things called "Yngwie - Beethoven's 5th symphony" off of Kazza or other P2P networkds, it's not Yngwie. I'm not saying that he never played it - I'm saying that if your finding in on P2P, it's not him, it's TSO.