Shredding Songs

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
jacobmhanson

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know who plays Flight of the Bumble Bee, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and Beethoven's 5th, where the song has shredding, sweep picking, ect. I really like all of those songs, so Id like to know who plays them. If any of you knows the artist to at least one of them, please reply! Thanks all!
-Jacob :D
GuitarMaster

jacobmhanson wrote:Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you know who plays Flight of the Bumble Bee, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and Beethoven's 5th, where the song has shredding, sweep picking, ect. I really like all of those songs, so Id like to know who plays them. If any of you knows the artist to at least one of them, please reply! Thanks all!
-Jacob :D
Flight - This is played by nuno. It is part of a longer track (with an original song in it) that he has on one of his CDs with his old band.

Somewhere - I do not know who plays this. However I know it is not vai, satch, malmsteen, or any of these other guys.

Beethoven - Also, this is not vai, satch, malmsteen etc... although I don't know who it IS, I know who it isn't!

One out of three :)
Bohm

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is by Impellitteri

And I know who have done the Beethoven cover, but I forgot the name now.. He is quite unknown.. Damn! someone else who can help out here?
GuitarMaster

Bohm wrote:Somewhere Over the Rainbow is by Impellitteri

And I know who have done the Beethoven cover, but I forgot the name now.. He is quite unknown.. Damn! someone else who can help out here?
Ken De Poto?
shader

I found a Beethoven's 5th symphony on Kazza that was supposedly by Steve but it's the Transiberian Orchestra version
atifman

the guy who did the Beethoven song is Danny Alkana
Last edited by atifman on Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spawn2048

John Petrucci has also done The Flight of the Bumble Bee
GuitarMaster

spawn2048 wrote:John Petrucci has also done The Flight of the Bumble Bee
Are you sure? Because on the internet and ***** you will find people saying that every guitar player did the beethoven, flight, silent night etc.. songs when they're all the same recording....

I know Nuno did it only because it's actually on his album! I mean I'm sure everyone has played it at one point, but the names are all made up on *****...........and the internet.
spawn2048

GuitarMaster wrote:
spawn2048 wrote:John Petrucci has also done The Flight of the Bumble Bee
Are you sure? Because on the internet and ***** you will find people saying that every guitar player did the beethoven, flight, silent night etc.. songs when they're all the same recording....

I know Nuno did it only because it's actually on his album! I mean I'm sure everyone has played it at one point, but the names are all made up on *****...........and the internet.
yes, I am sure, and it is not because of mp3s. If you listen to Once in a Live Time (one of Dream Theater's live albums) he plays it as part of the live guitar solo, I also remember reading an interview somewhere where he mentioned the piece.
GuitarMaster

Ok gotcha. I can't stand flight of the bumblee. Besides, Nuno (and probably petrucci) actually play it using a ping pong delay so they're playing it HALF as fast as it sounds, which really ain't impressive!

I love how K-A-Z-A-A is censored. Next we won't be able to say mp3, or internet, or download......

There are plenty of legal things to download from ***** you know!
spawn2048

GuitarMaster wrote:Ok gotcha. I can't stand flight of the bumblee. Besides, Nuno (and probably petrucci) actually play it using a ping pong delay so they're playing it HALF as fast as it sounds, which really ain't impressive!

I love how K-A-Z-A-A is censored. Next we won't be able to say mp3, or internet, or download......

There are plenty of legal things to download from ***** you know!
Yup, Nuno's version has every 3rd note played by the delay machine. But JP (for he is a machine himself) plays it all by his little lonesome (for he is the fastest picker on this here earth)
Knar
Newcomer

I got an Yngwie (live) version of it ^^
Texter

The Petrucci version of The Flight of the Bumblebee is all pickens and tempo 240, there are some nice versions out there, not only the live-album one. Only Nuno Bettencourt used a delay to my knowing. Jennifer Batten didn't as far as I recollect...she tapped it all. Those are the 3 versions I know of. All very different, which is good.
But it's a fact that some MP3s out there are not what they appear. It's up to our ears to decide which ones are real. Ofcourse the famous players are often instantly recognisable.

On picking fastest: http://www.dannyjoecarter.com The guy deserves his own thread...
GuitarMaster

Knar wrote:I got an Yngwie (live) version of it ^^
Don't be so sure. Unless it's on an official publication it ain't real.......
jacobmhanson

Ok! Sweet!
Thanks to all whom replied! :D
-Jacob