sweep picking and tapping

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
nikbia
Newcomer

Hello,

Now analyze the central part of the video where I use sweep picking and tapping technique.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affeEt5UMFE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
arpegios in Emaj
t
e|-16-12-----------------------------12-16-19-----|
b|-------12-------------------------12------------|
g|----------13--------------------13--------------|
d|-------------14---------------14----------------|
a|----------------14----------14------------------|
e|------------------16-12-16----------------------|

arpegios in F#maj
--------------------------------------------t
e|-18-14-----------------------------14-18-21-----|
b|-------14-------------------------14------------|
g|----------15--------------------15--------------|
d|-------------16---------------16----------------|
a|----------------16----------16------------------|
e|------------------18-14-18----------------------|

What do you thinks?
Thanks
Jeries

i hate sweep picking

nothing against you... i just hate it- when anyone does it
aaronm
Banned

mostly poeple that hate sweep picking genraly cant do it or find it hard why turn your nose up at a technic the more you have the better you will play
Jeries

I can sweep as fast and as clean as Yngwie or anyone out there...

I RARELY ever do it

Just because I hate it doesn't mean I can't do it or that I recommend people not learning to do it
aaronm
Banned

sounds cool where can I buy an album
kyle am I

I would have added a bit more sweeping lol ;)
Mile
Newcomer

I love sweep picking.....
bakernotes
Newcomer

It's a nice lick. Just not for me. I like sweep picking for an accent in a solo. Something that is rare and used to make a point. It should be something to add to your sound texture, not something that makes up your entire sound. That's just my opinion.

I would much rather learn different styles of playing and incorporate blues or jazz into my solos than focus on nothing but sweeps. I think it makes you a better player. I think there are too many guitar lesson websites out there that preach sweep picking and tell people that that have to learn it in order to become a great player.

Some of the best players out there never used it and never needed to. BB King and SRV never did this and their solos are crazy. Sorry for the rant. Sweeps are awesome and definitely have their place in your arsenal of guitar licks, but don't focus on them. Focus on the song and the music. That's my advice--not that you asked for it :).
Vaifan2345
Newcomer

For tapping you should first start off slow and then try learning some tapping licks and/or solos and then try speeding up and then try to play at the original speed and there are different types of tapping one is first you tap and pull of with the right hand and pull of from the left or tap and pull of right hand and Hammer on and pull off left hand . After you learn it it's very cool and easy to play you can follow what I just said or you can just go for it like I did and I just got it, I just watched a video on how to play the solo from eruption and I didn't know how to tap and I just went for it and it was easy