Naked Tracks Tabs

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
MikeCap

Hello,

I just downloaded a bunch of Steve's "Naked Tracks" from iTunes. These tracks are much better than other backing tracks that you can get off the internet. I was reading the digital booklet that comes with the "Fire Garden" naked CD, and in it Steve says that the Guitar tabs are available on his web site under the "Little Black Dots" section. I didn't see them on there, are they actually available yet? I would like to get the tabs for "Feathers" and "Misfits"

Thank you
freaksauce

Hi MikeCap this is a direct quote from the naked tracks microsite:

"Little Black Dots
Soon it will be possible to download the transcriptions for these pieces of music. This can assist in the recreation of most recorded parts on the song including guitar solo transcriptions and tab. This new feature will appear in Vai.com's “Little Black Dots” section of the site in the coming weeks."

Check out the site here:
http://www.vai.com/nakedtracks/index.html

Oh and I recorded a version of Answers after downloading the backing track, such a great idea for Vai to release these! The track is here:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/guitarnoize/
Guitaruss

I wanted to download certain tracks but being in the UK doesnt allow me to do this... :?

Can Mr Vai sort this out at all ?
freaksauce

Guitaruss wrote:I wanted to download certain tracks but being in the UK doesnt allow me to do this... :?

Can Mr Vai sort this out at all ?
That's weird?! In Aus you can download individual tracks which I think will be much more beneficial to Mr Vai as some people prefer certain tracks and might be put off with the higher price tag of getting the entire album?
Guitaruss

I suppose I could fly to Australia or the US, download them and then come home again...bit expensive tho
freaksauce

Ah come on you need a holiday, it makes perfect sense! :)
Pif

freaksauce wrote:"Little Black Dots
Soon it will be possible to download the transcriptions for these pieces of music. This can assist in the recreation of most recorded parts on the song including guitar solo transcriptions and tab. This new feature will appear in Vai.com's “Little Black Dots” section of the site in the coming weeks."
Well, no offense intended, but the "soon" concept, be it in real life, on the web or here at vai.com, it's quite a flexible one.

Of course the track-by-track DL would be great, especially for those "undocumented" tracks, I suppose there's all kind of legalities behind that, and that is why it's will "soon be available :)