?? " im like a bird " ??

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
Alexander Kinnaird

It's not my tab to submit and it's a powertab as opposed to an old-fashioned ASCII tab. If you haven't yet checked out powertabs, go to http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php to get the necessary free software, then visit http://powertabs.net/ to check out the awesome tab archive they have. There are some of the best tabs on the net including lots of great transcriptions of our own very favourite plank-spanker, Dr Vai. A lot of them are just as good, if not even better than the official tab books. I hope that one day I'll be able to upload something I transcribed myself to share with other people. In the meantime, I'll just keep working on tuning my guitar by ear :oops:
corvair2001
Newcomer

Sorry Alex, I should have been more clear... I meant for metalli-fanatic to submit his version to OLGA. I wouldn't expect anybody to resubmit somebody else's work. :D

Peace
Matthew
lydian7

I saw it air in England, It was an interesting duet. Afterwards Steve was supposed to stay on the stage, but he got a little flustered and walked off, lol. I thought Nelly was being a little aloof and disrespectful to Steve, but I may be wrong on this. It seemed as if whenever Steve began to talk, Nelly would interupt. It was a long time ago, I haven't seen it for donkey's years. :)
Magmas

Power tab sucks, it discriminates on us mac users. I want to play like Steve too!
Franks

Alexander Kinnaird wrote:Here's a great transcription someone did: http://powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,8835 Be sure to thank him :)
Hey, I made that transcription but only just saw this post. You're too kind! Thanks!
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

lydian7 wrote:I saw it air in England, It was an interesting duet. Afterwards Steve was supposed to stay on the stage, but he got a little flustered and walked off, lol. I thought Nelly was being a little aloof and disrespectful to Steve, but I may be wrong on this. It seemed as if whenever Steve began to talk, Nelly would interupt. It was a long time ago, I haven't seen it for donkey's years. :)
Not the case at all. Steve went back to the side of the stage to take his guitar off before presenting the award. The duet was a complete success and Steve and Nelly both had fun doing it. :)

Mikey
vai.com
Bono

I remember watching this too...I taped it mainly because of U2 to be honest. I really loved Nelly's and Steve's duet, I felt the camera could have been on Steve a bit more though :P
Jemfever

What a great performace from both Nelly & Steve(of course)!I must admit I didn't like Nelly before that performance but now i even bought her latest album which is also really good!
Steves playing is so tasteful and adds a lot of passion to the song.By the way it reminds a little bit of "Little wing" by Jimi.
The powertabs transcription is also very good!Whoever posted the link:THANX!
Big Bad Bill

Does anyone know where I can download the video clip of Steve and Nelly playing this song?
Franks

Yes BBB, on Nelly's website you can see a video of this song performed. Check out www.nellyfurtado.com , enter the site, click media, then video and search for "I'm like a bird" from 2002 Grammy Awards.
Big Bad Bill

Thanks to Franks for that :D

Well I think she sang very well, especially when you consider it was live! I think we get a little too used to the perfect singing we hear on CDs and MTV and I think her effort was better than most and very 'tender'! Lovely!

I was reading about classical music CDs the other day and how they are often made up of 70-80 performances all sliced together. So when I hear a bum note or slurring of notes from a live first violinist, I know that it is real and the CD isn't!
shader

P2P networks like Ka-zaa have a high-quality MPEG of it floating around.