?? " im like a bird " ??

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
*metalli-fanatic*

my dowloaded the grammy awards ceremony video clip with steve vai and nelly furtado, steve plays a really cool version of "im like a bird" on guitar and ive been obsessed by it. i tried to tab it myself but i only done the intro bcuz i only seen it a few times. i can't download it either cuz sumthin wird happens :cry: so does anyone OUTHERE have any way of helpin me to learn how to play it! if u got tabs? or any website with tabs??? i would like to play it for my girlfriend so PLZZZ sumbody help!!

peace out!! :)
Moderator777

Moved to proper forum area.

--------------
Moderator777
www.vai.com
shader

I think that nelly furtado's singing on that track blows. I used to think she had a good voice until i heard that. Too bad Steve didn't get any solo time :P

Anyone have the story on how that gig came about? Steve and Nelly Furtado doesn't exactly seem like an obvious pair...
Henrique Henriques

The story is told by Steve himself somewhere in this site!

Peace :wink:
playnoevil777

I have to hope that after they went to a brake,Steve treated the audience with 30 seconds-1 minute of "look what I can do!" :lol: :wink:
Vegas_Blues

Steve hosted the pre-show if I remember correctly.....I would love to see that one. He really let loose from what I heard.

I thought his and Nelly's performances were spectacular. There is more to making music than just showing off.....and Steve was a class act, really hung in the pocket and proved once again that he is the mastah! lol
RAI

shader wrote: Anyone have the story on how that gig came about? Steve and Nelly Furtado doesn't exactly seem like an obvious pair...
It was a suggestion from the president of N.A.R.A.S. (Michael Green, I think), just a day or so before the actual awards show. Steve met Nelly the evening before, the rehearsed at his house for a few hours, and that was that.
He was quite impressed with her, as a performer and person......
I thought it was a good performance.
*metalli-fanatic*

ok people, nice to hear ur thoughts on the whole performance with steve and nelly...i think they were brilliant but no one has actually answered the question i set out to ask in the first place! how can i learn to play it the way steve vai did! has anyone sat at home and tabbed it out themselves????????
jmchambers5

I'm pretty sure no one has tabbed it out. The way you're going to have to do it is sit down with a recording and figure it out.
Gharedd

I was just listening to The Grammy performance too.
http://guitar.about.com/gi/dynamic/offs ... r/1176.txt
Here is a simple chord version I found on the net which may be of some use to you. I guess you could improvise over it in the style of Vai.
Hope that helps.
you might have to paste that link into your browser. If that doesn't work then I'm sure you can find nelly furtado under N.
*metalli-fanatic*

thanx alot! i have tabbed it out now! there are a few parts different to steve's version but i like it! cheers!
Jai0705

*metalli-fanatic* wrote:thanx alot! i have tabbed it out now! there are a few parts different to steve's version but i like it! cheers!
Care to share that with us?
*metalli-fanatic*

yeh sure!...id love to share the tabs with u guys but how to i go about putting on the site????
Alexander Kinnaird

Here's a great transcription someone did: http://powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,8835 Be sure to thank him :)
corvair2001
Newcomer

Why don't you submit it to www.olga.net for the world to see? :) It's good to give back