finger yoga

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
seljer

spotted this site one another forum but kind of skipped by at first
http://fingeryoga.com/

this morning my hands were a bit stiff so I decided to give it a try.
Some pretty interesting stretches, might be of use to someone on here as well
Big Bad Bill

I particularly like Bitches Brew!
Big Bad Bill

I've been doing these exercises and have to say I think they're really good. They really make your hands feel warm and ready them for action! Thanks for the link Seljer.
Roger

Big Bad Bill wrote:I've been doing these exercises and have to say I think they're really good. They really make your hands feel warm and ready them for action! Thanks for the link Seljer.
Action, action, action. It's all you ever think about Bill :mrgreen:
boswell

Big Bad Bill wrote: They really make your hands feel warm and ready them for action!
cold hands are better for wanking :wink:
guyver_dio

boswell wrote:
Big Bad Bill wrote: They really make your hands feel warm and ready them for action!
cold hands are better for wanking :wink:
cause they don't feel like your own?

ew but i laugh anyways
Big Bad Bill

boswell wrote:cold hands are better for wanking :wink:
It didn't take you long to drag it down to this level, did it boswell? You're like an embarrassing relative at a wedding. :roll: :wink:
boswell

I really do try to behave :lol:
<Mike>

then what are you like when yur not trying to behave?
Breeder

true rockstar! :mrgreen: :guitar :mrgreen:
:wink:
Big Bad Bill

Well I've been doing these exercises for the last few days. I have to report that my hands are actually quite stiff and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I'll have a look over the FAQ and if it doesn't say anything about it being normal at first, I'm going to stop doing them!
boswell

Like any exercise thats new to you, your muscles will feel stiff and ache until they are used to the "new" movements, I suggest laying off them for a couple of days then start again but rest days every other day.
guyver_dio

hope you can tell the difference between stretching pain and bad pain, because if you were overdoing it this is probably why you're doing the damage and not the exercises. I find it a little too unnecessary anyway, just do the common things like stretch the knuckles back and forward, same with the wrist, massage the muscle down the fingers and that should be enough, I find no matter what I do beforehand, there's nothing like warming up your hands by just simply running through scales, forget the preparation just put the fingers onto the guitar and go for it.
another virtuoso

guyver_dio wrote:there's nothing like warming up your hands by just simply running through scales, forget the preparation just put the fingers onto the guitar and go for it.
yeah thats what i've been thinking throughout this thread. i mean your achieving the same thing. its just a matter of are you sitting around performing wild finger yoda stunts impressing all the hott chicks walking by ...lol... or you're just warming up like a guitar player normally warms up.
lydian2000

Big Bad Bill wrote:I particularly like Bitches Brew!
huh???woodstock ? miles davis 'album? pun I do not get? :?