Whats song are you most proud of being able to play, why?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
holzwurm
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:21 am

Smoke on the water... since it's the only song beside Highway to Hell i can play yet :lol:
IbanezAngel
Newcomer
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 am

For me its "The Darkest Nights" by As I Lay Dying im learning Giant Balls of Gold that song is so amazing.
trippy_hippy
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:25 am

comfortably numb

its not that difficult technically but it sounds so cool :P
User avatar
another virtuoso
Member
Member
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:23 pm

guyver_dio wrote:Shy Boy,
I use it as my show off song when I wanna criss cross my hands while tapping, go nuts on the whammy and perform sweeps lol, it's got it all.
hm. i'm gonna start working on this one right now.

i'll see you guys in two weeks :lol:
max2304
Newcomer
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Midnight just because it looks cool but isnt very very hard. Paganini's 24th caprice, which i learnt from the original violin score, took me ages!!
Tao-RG
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:37 am

im pretty proud of playing petruccis glasgow kiss ; not the whole song ; only the half but i started learning ist only playing a half year guitar ^^
BorgAngel
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:44 am

I'm proud that I can play chords :D
(ok that was a not funny joke)

I'm proud that I can do Always With Me Always With You from Satch. It's a brilliant song to play, and even better to listen to. The next I want to learn is Super Mario Theme we all know the Nintendo game.

Does anyone know who wrote that song???
gonzo
Newcomer
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:56 am

BorgAngel->
Are you using your thumb on the deep e when you make the first chords?
That was my big mistake in the start,I couldnt figure out how in the h.. Satch covered those damn strings..lol!
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

BorgAngel wrote:I'm proud that I can play chords :D
(ok that was a not funny joke)

I'm proud that I can do Always With Me Always With You from Satch. It's a brilliant song to play, and even better to listen to. The next I want to learn is Super Mario Theme we all know the Nintendo game.

Does anyone know who wrote that song???
Koji Kondo composed the Super Mario Theme. He is the genius behind many of Nintendo's best theme songs. The Legend of Zelda, etc..
User avatar
lydian2000
Member
Member
Posts: 1508
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 am

"black bird" by the Beatles. Classic picking, one of the very few songs I can play out of the blue and to those who listen there is this " oh yeah he can play indeed" feeling(or so I believe) to flatter my ego. Girls like it too.

:)
<Mike>
Member
Member
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 am

Konji Kondo is my biggest idol ever. I don't play piano but I can play quite a few Zelda songs on piano. (learned during lounchbreaks in school!)

So that's what I'm most proud of 8)
slash89
Member
Member
Posts: 2303
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:49 am

<Mike> wrote:Konji Kondo is my biggest idol ever. I don't play piano but I can play quite a few Zelda songs on piano. (learned during lounchbreaks in school!)

So that's what I'm most proud of 8)
I also know many, many Zelda songs :)
BorgAngel
Member
Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:44 am

gonzo wrote:BorgAngel->
Are you using your thumb on the deep e when you make the first chords?
That was my big mistake in the start,I couldnt figure out how in the h.. Satch covered those damn strings..lol!
No I didn't for some reason it hurts the back of my hand. Maybe because it is a position the hand will never have natural, if you understand what I mean. He covers it with his right hand if I remember correctly.
tweezersguitar!
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:39 am

The solo from Big Trouble(minus tapping :oops: ) so proud in fact i'm going to leave a link !

http://www.zshare.net/audio/24399637b56e23/
User avatar
prman
Member
Member
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:44 am

I`m proud on every gig where I get to perform original material with my band.
Post Reply