Whats song are you most proud of being able to play, why?

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
holzwurm

Smoke on the water... since it's the only song beside Highway to Hell i can play yet :lol:
IbanezAngel
Newcomer

For me its "The Darkest Nights" by As I Lay Dying im learning Giant Balls of Gold that song is so amazing.
trippy_hippy

comfortably numb

its not that difficult technically but it sounds so cool :P
another virtuoso

guyver_dio wrote:Shy Boy,
I use it as my show off song when I wanna criss cross my hands while tapping, go nuts on the whammy and perform sweeps lol, it's got it all.
hm. i'm gonna start working on this one right now.

i'll see you guys in two weeks :lol:
max2304
Newcomer

Midnight just because it looks cool but isnt very very hard. Paganini's 24th caprice, which i learnt from the original violin score, took me ages!!
Tao-RG

im pretty proud of playing petruccis glasgow kiss ; not the whole song ; only the half but i started learning ist only playing a half year guitar ^^
BorgAngel

I'm proud that I can play chords :D
(ok that was a not funny joke)

I'm proud that I can do Always With Me Always With You from Satch. It's a brilliant song to play, and even better to listen to. The next I want to learn is Super Mario Theme we all know the Nintendo game.

Does anyone know who wrote that song???
gonzo
Newcomer

BorgAngel->
Are you using your thumb on the deep e when you make the first chords?
That was my big mistake in the start,I couldnt figure out how in the h.. Satch covered those damn strings..lol!
slash89

BorgAngel wrote:I'm proud that I can play chords :D
(ok that was a not funny joke)

I'm proud that I can do Always With Me Always With You from Satch. It's a brilliant song to play, and even better to listen to. The next I want to learn is Super Mario Theme we all know the Nintendo game.

Does anyone know who wrote that song???
Koji Kondo composed the Super Mario Theme. He is the genius behind many of Nintendo's best theme songs. The Legend of Zelda, etc..
lydian2000

"black bird" by the Beatles. Classic picking, one of the very few songs I can play out of the blue and to those who listen there is this " oh yeah he can play indeed" feeling(or so I believe) to flatter my ego. Girls like it too.

:)
<Mike>

Konji Kondo is my biggest idol ever. I don't play piano but I can play quite a few Zelda songs on piano. (learned during lounchbreaks in school!)

So that's what I'm most proud of 8)
slash89

<Mike> wrote:Konji Kondo is my biggest idol ever. I don't play piano but I can play quite a few Zelda songs on piano. (learned during lounchbreaks in school!)

So that's what I'm most proud of 8)
I also know many, many Zelda songs :)
BorgAngel

gonzo wrote:BorgAngel->
Are you using your thumb on the deep e when you make the first chords?
That was my big mistake in the start,I couldnt figure out how in the h.. Satch covered those damn strings..lol!
No I didn't for some reason it hurts the back of my hand. Maybe because it is a position the hand will never have natural, if you understand what I mean. He covers it with his right hand if I remember correctly.
tweezersguitar!

The solo from Big Trouble(minus tapping :oops: ) so proud in fact i'm going to leave a link !

http://www.zshare.net/audio/24399637b56e23/
prman

I`m proud on every gig where I get to perform original material with my band.