Kirk Hammett

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
1118916GB

Here is an example of Kirk's stupid solos. The Unforgotten Part II. It sounds perfect in the beginning of his solo until when he plays that double stop. Then it just sucks. It sounds puny and repeats and then plays the double stop lick again and it is just horrible. I could put a more melodic solo in that than he can and I'm not even that good.
burnt out

CymbalSplittingSkinbasher wrote:Imo, Metallica have written many great songs, just not many recently. :mrgreen:
I'm sure alot of people agree with you.I know I do. 8)
Lake of desire

1118916GB wrote:The Unforgotten Part II.
I've never heard that. :)

And ditto on the pop-guitarist remark from Bubble. They play some weird funked out sh*t at times. All those guys are professionally trained musicians (OK maybe not ALL but still) and they can realy play they're asses off.

Lauri

P.S. Damn, I posted again!!! Just can't seem to stop. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Benighted

1118916GB wrote:Here is an example of Kirk's stupid solos. The Unforgotten Part II. It sounds perfect in the beginning of his solo until when he plays that double stop. Then it just sucks. It sounds puny and repeats and then plays the double stop lick again and it is just horrible. I could put a more melodic solo in that than he can and I'm not even that good.
Maybe you should approach James Hetfield at a gig and tell him youd be a better lead guitarist than Kirk Hammett.
Or maybe he's just laugh at you !

Seriously Metallica is James Hetfield, he's obviously happy with Kirk and thinks he suits the music. End of really.
IbanezFreak666

1118916GB wrote:Unforgotten Part II.
wow iv never heard that song? what album is it on
1118916GB

god damn i meant The Unforgiven Part II
treeduck

I've never been a fan of Kirk's he seems to mainly rely on a lot of wah wah to make himself sound more interesting...

Am I open to attack now from his fans?

:lol:
1118916GB

I totally agree dude. He just isn't that big of a deal. he uses wah tapping and whammy bar tricks to sound cool. he sucks balls. he's overrated. listen to vai, not shredder without talent kirk
Tobacco Road

everyone needs to chill the fuck out and take things for how they are, who really gives a fuck about what people what are doing on the insturment, if there having fun then great, thats all it boils down to at the end of the day. I don't get why everyone gets so bent out of fucking shape when discussing guitar players as to what they can do and can't do. :?
burnt out

Some people are too hung up on superficial bullcrap.The bottom line is if you like it listen to it and if you don't then f*ckin don't.

Some genres aren't very difficult as far as the guitar playing goes but are still valid genres that are worth listening too even if they don't meet up to your allegedly high technical standards.

Stuff can be easy to play on the guitar but still be cool musically.

Not everything that's easy to play on the guitar should be considered a big crappy joke.Especially when theres so much god awful crap out there musically whether it's technically hard to play or not doesn't really matter cause it sounds like f*cking sh*t.Then there's the sh*t that's just an artist(?) dancing and lip-sync-ing to a track,lmao.Then there's all that emo sh*t.There's so much more out there that deserves to be dissed,mocked,ridiculed and laughed at that I just get a big f*ckin laugh out of some people who whine about something like AC/DC,Metallica,Green Day,etc.There's so much BAD,AWFUL stuff out there that I can't figure out why people don't go and whine about something that is truly sucky like Ashlee Simpson or MCR or something.

There's far more to music than guitar playing.I don't care who you are,until you realise that then you're just an arrogant ass in my book.
There's more to music than technical ability or just guitar and the guitarists technical ability.I wonder why these people listen to music or even say that they like music when it's quite clear that they don't really love music when they only listen to one instrument and then only to hear how impossibly difficult it is to play.And then if it isn't technically difficult enough then it's laughed off and dismissed.What a fucking joke! Do you damned idiots listen to singers the same way? Do you ever consider how musically gifted and blessed they are or how ungifted or unblessed they are and take that into account on how you judge them overall as an artist? Do you ever consider what genre they're coming from? Not all genres are friggin technically masterful like fusion and shred.Doesn't mean that you shouldn't give those less technically skilled genres a listen and rate them on their own merits considering that the artist may be poor,underpriveleged,unschooled,unskilled,but still does his or her thing possibly in a less than technically masterful genre.

There is such a thing as good music that is simple.
There is also such a thing as good music that is technically difficult to play and perform.

The rest is bad music.

Not everything has to be totally f*cking WOWING to impress me.Infact some of that sh*t is unimpressive.Sometimes simple stuff can surprise you too.Other times it's just crap.It's called having TASTE!

some moron:"Oh wow that Dickey Betts playing on that Allman Bros is just crap compared to Greg Howe"

me: "what the f*ck? I love both ABB and Greg Howe...wtf is wrong with you ya big dumb jerk?"
Lake of desire

Amen to that.
CymbalSplittingSkinbasher

Speaking for myself, I really love "simple" music a lot. Something doesn't have to be highly technical at all for me to like it. Sometimes you can just "say more with less." That being said, there's still a lot of crap "simple music" too, at least I think there is.
Tobacco Road

Thank god, im so sick and tired of hearing "if you arn't technical then your music is shit" play what you want and feel and listen to what ever you want. Sick and tired of hearing technicality is the only way to go. If everyone were like this, there wouldn't be a Vai which everyone looks up to.
Animal 06

i havent read mich if this forum....but the mention of any player that produces 6 pages has gotta be somethin.....whether ot be critsism or praise!! :D

I grew up on the 'tallica (alcoholica!! :twisted: ) so i have always enjoyed his playin.....like some people have saind i think he will complement a song (in a METAL way :twisted: ) but wont overdo it....but that also comes from the Hetfeild/Ulrich domination in band!!!

still....put on a 'Tallica tune and i will always get down!!

Peace...Love and Happiness

Animal.....Grrrrrrrr....... :twisted:
Animal 06

P.S.....previous post....i had a few beers......spellin = bad
lol
peace