Allan Holdsworth

Discuss playing styles and techniques, or share your own here.
medic2022

I was wondering what the groups opinion on Mr. Holdsworth's playing?

Tommy
DankyD
Newcomer

hes fuckin insane, best of the best
timmirth

He is quite amazing, I wish he would branch out a little more stylisticly, but he kind of invented his own style, so whatever, he is just brilliant. And he thinks of the guitar in a way which I try to think, but haven't unlocked like he seems to have total command over.

Brilliant.
chrose1201

I have always thought that it sounded like he was able to play a ton of notes and it seemed like you never heard any picking. Smoooooth.....!
markelia

holdsworth is an original, and a musical genius
he is in a class by himself
medic2022

IMHO I think Mr. Holdsworth is the greatest guitarist out there. (Sorry Steve, your a very close second). I know most guitarist see his speed and interval jumps. But I think we all need to discuss his chord playing. I think that is the most impressive of all. Let me know what you all think.

Tommy

P.S. I hope that first line didn't offend anyone. I'm a huge Vai fan too! Plus we're talking about two different approaches to the guitar.
babysnake
Newcomer

Alan is absolutely great... but he's more into jazz and stuff... Steve is playing like his guitar is burning.... he creates a ton of emotion, agresivity and feelings.