lo pro edge problem

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Manu_777

Hi,
I have 4 ibanez guitars with lo-pro edge and I noticed the same problem
on every guitar:
Strings are often cut by the lo-pro edge. I spoke with guys who had fixed brigde and they told me their string never broke in the same place,
whereas my strings are always sawed by the lo-pro.
I think everything on my floyds are good adjusted (like the pics on Jemsite), so I don't think I'm the only man with this problem.

Moreover, the gold color on my 7v get quickly out.

Despite these problems, Ibanez guitars are fantastic guitars. :)
cerealk

sorry to hear that, I dont have any problem with my jems
Cesar Huesca

That problem should depend directly on how much you bend your strings with your fretting hand or even the whammy bar, or maybe you have your guitar in a place where there's a lot of humidity and your strings are getting corroaded too quickly, I don't think there's an adjustment problem.

Which brand of strings are you using? Do you clean them up after playing?
I've been using Ernie Ball strings for years, they sound good and are very reliable. My JEM and my RG2020X work really fine with Ernie Balls and they can take lots of abuse on my American Strat. :wink:

I strongly recommend Ernie Ball strings to everybody. :)

Regards.

Cesar.
Last edited by Cesar Huesca on Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StoleN GuitaR

ditto, i use ernies.. not because thats what steve uses.. but because i love them,

funny story.. when i had to do a performance with a friend at school. some of the other guitar players had a go on my guitar.. and one said to me..
dude, what strings do you use. those are awsome.

i use very light guage strings.. .. easier for bends. faster playing..
more breakage..

if your strings break quite often, i suggest maybe loosening your lock-nut,(trem-lock) or buying heavier guage strings.
Cacophony

If the strings are getting 'cut' by the trem, its a saddle problem which is that the Saddles which the strings slide over have a rough edge on them. Take your guitar to a qualified guitar tech and he will be able to sort it out for you :wink:.
Lucky

I regularly rip the high e and b strings off my Jem/RG's. It's prolly not a saddle burr problem as much as it's just a metal fatigue problem. I'm always on the bar yanking the thing up to max tension and that's usually when I have problems on worn strings....that and my Beck-style 2.5 step bends. :lol:

In my experience, the best way to avoid breakage is to have a fresh set of strings on your guitar each month. Sometimes they still break...no biggie just make sure you have plenty of windings on your tuning posts and you can still re-string and be on your way. :lol:
Cacophony

I always change my strings once a week, on my ibanez anyway.