EVH's New Venture

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
NatiFable

http://www.evh-guitars.com

Was looking around eBay and ran across this. I thought it was a hoax but it's legitamate.

It appears that Eddie and Charvel are creating this chance to own a EVH guitar. Eddie is personally custom striping these guitars. From what I understand, Eddie is doing all the pinstriping, he is playing these guitars on tour, signing them, and they are auctioning them off on eBay. But...you're looking at about a $5,000-$6,000 starting bid.

They are re-creating the 1. B&W stripe, 2. Black w/Gold Stripe, 3. Red Devil. They are not exact copies, but all <limited to about 30> are created by Eddie.

On one hand, if you have the money, <as anything in the world> this would be a cool guitar to buy. You would own a friggn' guitar striped and signed by Eddie!!! :D On the other, who can afford one? :cry: haha

peace and light

There is also a guy selling Eddie Striped Corn dogs! I'm serious! :roll:

RAI

What I like the most about that picture is the wallpaper.
Very tasty, Eddie.............

:shock:
Ryan Layton
Banned

listen to this. one of my friends who knows EVERYTHING about eddie said that he will no longer be playing peaveys. it seems that they got super pissed off when they heard about eddie and charvelle doing this so now eddie will be playing fender guitars.
musicman888

Wow...I just stumbled on this posting. This is really cool! Very pricey...but very cool! I checked out the website and the funny thing is that the person who pays the most for one of his guitars in 2004 also gets his harley... :P
EVO 555

FENDER !!!! i cant immagine eddie usuing a fender can you

i wonder if he is going to stripe it
Ryan Layton
Banned

im not sure if the fender thing is forsure, but if it is, i can imagine that it will have a floyd rose, D-tuna, probably 2 humbuckers, and i bet it will have 3 knobs like all strats. companies like gibson and fender are very particular about not letting artist change the origional design of an instrument.
RAI

EVO 555 wrote:FENDER !!!! I can't imagine Eddie using a Fender, can you?

I wonder if he is going to stripe it...
He's using Fender????
Strange, I thought they were Charvels.....

:wink:

Last edited by RAI on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Layton
Banned

one of my friends who knows EVERYTHING about eddie said that he will no longer be playing peaveys. it seems that they got super pissed off when they heard about eddie and charvelle doing this so now eddie will be playing fender guitars.
im not sure how much truth there is to it, but its what ive heard
Logic

I don't have it anymore but I thought Eddie played a Strat on his first albums. Pictured with one right on the cover.. Anyone got the album??

Yours in fellowship.
Ryan Layton
Banned

i think you are right.
R1FSR

I made a post about this earlier..
there are a few pics n all...

goto http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... highlight= for more pics and info
Julz

He's using Fender????
Strange, I thought they were Charvels.....
I think he meant it in the context of Charvel being owned by Fender.

or were you being sarcastic? :wink:
j.arledge

yep fender charvel and jackson all under the cbs company.

poor peavey, who will be thier star guitarist now?
musicman888

Ok...here are the facts that I know about the original Frakenstrat...here goes...enjoy :P

It sported a Charvel Stratocaster - sytle ash body and an extra-wide maple neck that was crafted by Linn Ellsworth of Boogie Body Guitars and outfitted with Gibson jumbo frets and Schaller tuners.

On the guitar body, VH mounted, in the bridge position, a single P.A.F. humbucking pickup from a 1961 Gibson ES-335, the coils of which he rewound himself and dipped in paraffin wax to help insulate the pickup from microphone feedback that can occur when playing with distortion at high volume.

Because the guitar's body was pre-routed with three Strat-style single-coil pickups, Eddie had to remove additional wood from the angled bridge pickup slot in order for it to accomodate the much wider P.A.F. pickup.

The guitar sported a single volume control from an old Gibson Les Paul Jr and didn't have a tone control. VH later went on to use the now popular Floyd Rose temolo bridge system.

The Frakenstrat was equipped with a traditional Fender tremolo bridge cannibalized from a '57 strat during the period the first album was recorded.

Finally, to help stabilize the bridge and keep the strings in tune, Eddie wedged a quarter under it :!: :!:

One last thought...the guitar was strung with a set of .009s (.009-.042) and strings tuned a half step below standard tuning (low to high: Eb, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb)...

Ok...now let's find out how there really building the new EVH custom art series guitars. :D
rowan_b

Jra2217 wrote:yep fender charvel and jackson all under the cbs company.

poor peavey, who will be thier star guitarist now?

I thoght Mr. Satriani was using peavy amps???

Now theres the star guitarist........more quality than EVH by a mile!!!