Which is better? The Ibanez or Fender?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Super_Pools
Newcomer

It all comes down to 2 main things:

1. Your Style- who your favorite players are, and your favorite type of music.

2. What kinda guitars u like the look of.

So my fav players being vai n satriani, n me liking cool new guitars, i would say ibanez. but thats just me. if u want to go out n buy a les paul or a fender then go on. whichever guitar suits u is obviously gonna be 'the best'.
_Ibanez_lover_

maaan what a question..Ibanez rulzz
:wink:
slash89

For me Ibanez is the best choice.
another virtuoso

Satch pulled out a Les Paul on the last G3 tour......

i think mikey pretty much hit the nail on the head with his post on the first page of this thread.
joshua202020

Wow.. :shock:
A 4-year old thread..
Fšÿ
Newcomer

Washburn is better than both
Logic

To me this is a question of tools. Like asking what's better, a 10mm wrench or a 12mm wrench. All guitars sound and act differently. I can get a fair approximation of a Strat and a Les Paul out of my RG. It's close but no cigar. If you want opinions as to primary guitars I do like my Ibanez. But a friend of mine has this anniversary Strat that has the "Stratiest" tone I have ever heard. I would love to add that Strat to my collection. The Les Paul I learned on is another axe I would love to add to the tool box. Solid tone guitar that.
akami

I played nothing but my Strat for years but finally had to take a rasp to the lower cutaway because I was tired of having no room for my hand.

When I finally got a Jem as a practice guitar (Vai fan, but pretty mediocre and I didn't want people to expect me to play like him) I planned on just using it at the house, but one play and my Strat became the wall hanger.

Just last month I actually wanted to get another one but after picking one up and playing it I remembered why I can never play a stock Strat onstage again.

Love my Jem and RG's!
cosmic ape

I have found that I like certain features of both... Custom guitars are for me a better choice cuz I'm left handed, but it's nice to have a good fender and a good ibanez... In my experience, they both require some TLC and setting up after you buy them, and they are total different monsters...

I recently fit a vintage noiseless on my RG... couldn't be happier with my new range of sounds(mixed with an evo neck and a steve's special on the bridge!)... I do wish it had an alder body...

I wish all(or a lot more) strats had an eric johnson neck(flatter neck, bigger frets, no string trees), probably an AANJ, and stainless steel frets...

I'd love to try Lace pickups on an Ibanez...

If there are any winners after this battle, I'd say it's the custom shops...
akami

I've tried some Gold Lace Sensors in the neck positions and still have one on an RG and also Blue in the middle position.

I really like them but have also had good luck (for my tastes) with the Humbucker From Hell for neck position, which is what I now have in my Jem and the other RG.
currymonster
Newcomer

i rekon Ibanez as some fenders can be made badly
roryrockslinda

Personally I find Ibanez better for me, I love the necks, the trems, the bodies.
But I also really like fender models (Mainly Strat and Tele) I love how you can make a strat anything due to the routing under the pickguard, you could put a P-90 and a mini humbucker in there (unless it has SSS routing of course) but I think Ibanez still wins because it has models that are suited to my style more (HSH, trem, alder body. The Jem, I need one so bad :P)
Lucky

I think ima go with my Tagima K1. :P