Guitar Hanging

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
ShredGod777

Hi

I own an Ibanez JEM and it is currently sitting in one of those floor standing guitar stands.

To make more room for myself I was thinking about buying one of those wall hanging mounts (like the ones you see in all the guitar shops).

My question is, does hanging the guitar from the headstock have any damaging effects on the guitar overtime?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Drew
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

Hi Drew,

The answer is no, hanging the guitar by the headstock will not have damaging effects on the guitar over time.. although a wall hanging mount that's not fimly attached to the wall will ;)

Take a look at how Steve does it, here:
http://www.vai.com/updates/images/Steve ... 7_4LRG.jpg

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
spawn2048

yep, no adverse affects whatsoever
SS

There are also wall hangers that are more 'cradles' that will allow you to mount the guitar horizontally on the wall - as well as at angles - without hanging it from the headstock, if you're not sure about doing that.
I have been using two of them for some time now... I just need some more wall real estate.
=]
Passion & Warfare

What are that for green things around the necks?
Anthony
VIP
VIP

Since Steve's rig is so loud in the Harmony Hut, and all of the guitars are in the same room, the strings on all of the guitars vibrate and make a lot of noise when he's trying to record. So, he put these velcro wire ties on all of the necks of the guitars to keep string vibration to an inaudible level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that if you hang your guitars at angles, you can damage them somehow. Is that true?

Anthony
Passion & Warfare

Cool, thanxs. Good to know that
GuitarStrings

Anthony wrote:Since Steve's rig is so loud in the Harmony Hut, and all of the guitars are in the same room, the strings on all of the guitars vibrate and make a lot of noise when he's trying to record.
Anthony
It's very interesting Anthony! I would like to hear all the guitars ringing! Will Steve put that interesting sound in a record?
UncleMeat

Anthony wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that if you hang your guitars at angles, you can damage them somehow. Is that true?
That's a new one to me. I'd imagine unless you're hanging it at some really odd angle, the majority of the weight should remain supported by the body and there would be no undo strain on the neck. I like just hanging from the neck like everyone else does though, less holes go in the walls. When you're drilling through cinderblock, that's always a good thing.
greg

I see that steve's borrowed his teacher's guitar!