Ibanez Jem - 50K Celebration

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
nato101010

Hmmmm, lets see, for starters, Pin striping! Hand made everything! In Japan! a fixed bridge maybe, or a Bigsby! Haha, that would look huge and out of place, nevermind. Real F-hole(s). Bright red would be sweet. Piezo in the bride and a blend thingy! Tape On the bride pickup, put there by Steve! Ok, ok, i will stop, this is turing out horrible...
Ekim

Mikey wrote:THey released the 20th anniversary instead.

Mikey
vai.com
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (On Ibanez, anyway)

Oh well. I guess I have wait to scratch up the dough for a 10th in good shape.

Or Neville if it ever goes back up for sale for real. I'd probably trade a kidney for that one.
jemaddict

How about having an "Evo" reproduction. Kinda like how they did the Ygnwie strat with it's special "nuances" except don't make a Steve Vai version with the Jem that looks just like the Evo but don't make it cost $12,500! :lol:
nato101010

I've thought about that myself, but it would cost 12,000$, lol.
ksegel
Newcomer

How about recessed Diamond position markers?
livoss
Newcomer

i think that an flo limited edition would be for the real fan a great gift

an basswood body fernandes fsk 401 .... the exact one
with limited edition and special case .....like an anniversary model

for me i can t imagine a better thing the second MAIN axe of steve with the evo
(i m sure that the jem 7v wh is the more sell guitar of the jem )
Lotus Eater

semi hollow body, and a vine of life sound hole.
If it works also, perhaps round the corners just a bit.-thnks
Reno

a white version of the jem10th

:shock:
zigzulquit

My idea that was posted in the 50k celebration was used as the 20th anniversary model

I mentioned it in the clear body ideas portion of my post click the link below:
http://www.vai.com/messageboard/viewtop ... &start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mikey
Ex-admin
Ex-admin

zigzulquit wrote:My idea that was posted in the 50k celebration was used as the 20th anniversary model

I mentioned it in the clear body ideas portion of my post click the link below:
http://www.vai.com/messageboard/viewtop ... &start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The concept for the 20th was devised before we announced the 50K Celebration. In fact, Ibanez worked on R&D for this guitar for a while to achieve the effects seen in the final production model.

The 50K celebration has now morphed into the "Design a Jem" contest to celebrate the sale of the 77,777th Jem sol.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
VirgilGuitar
Newcomer

Ricky Garcia wrote:- It would be cool to have Steve actually build that 50k Jem guitar in the Ibanez custom shop himself and have that as a documentary (video and pics) and maybe later sell that special handmade SV guitar on ebay for charity. :).

- Also a special 50k Jem Anniversery concert would be cool with some Ibanez All-Star performances. Have that show video taped of course and maybe together with a documentary of the evolution of the Jem over the years or in combination with that "Vai is building a guitar" event together. :wink:. Also a information menu with all the JEMs listed with infos and specs etc on that Dvd.
HA! Great idea! I just finished my documentary of building my first guitar (What a coincidence!) http://www.virgilguitar.com/video.html