What Jem7v is better ?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Patill

SRVoodoo wrote:so why then, is the neck on EVO almost exactly like the one on my friends 7dbk and my early RG?
Actually all guitar necks are almost exactly the same. You know such a small difference is huge.

And JEM 7Vs do have one neck, the JEM neck. No thinner one.
pagliai

it depends,

different factory,different measurements in my opinion,also the heel and pocket neck measurement are different,i think it depends .........
pagliai

oh sorry about the subject........more old is the jem more is better.......but.......it is personal taste,technically speaking older is better .......expecially square heels .....they are great......87/89 years .......
Patill

pagliai wrote:it depends,

different factory,different measurements in my opinion,also the heel and pocket neck measurement are different,i think it depends .........

diffrent factory? I think Ibanez is the only factory that produces a JEM 7V ^^
anuj

^^ Ibanez designs guitars, they don't build them. Most of this era ('97 onwards) of Japanese made Ibanezes are from the Fujigen factory (the 'F' in the Fyyxxxxx serial number). This factory is shared by a number of guitar manufacturers. Prior to '97, there were a couple other factories used. So there isn't necessarily just one factory in Japan that's made Ibanez necks.

~A
Patill

anuj wrote:^^ Ibanez designs guitars, they don't build them. Most of this era ('97 onwards) of Japanese made Ibanezes are from the Fujigen factory (the 'F' in the Fyyxxxxx serial number). This factory is shared by a number of guitar manufacturers. Prior to '97, there were a couple other factories used. So there isn't necessarily just one factory in Japan that's made Ibanez necks.

~A
well, then so be it, I didn´t know that before :). But the CNC doesn´t lie. The necks are all pretty much the same with a non noticable difference in how they feel.

Such machines are very very accurate in produing one and the same thing over and over again.
anuj

I checked with Rich and there weren't any Jem necks made anywhere but Fujigen. So while what I wrote is accurate, it doesn't apply to Jems. :)

~A
SRVoodoo

still doesn't answer why the neck on my friends Jem7dbk is thinner than the one on my Jem7vwh :?
anuj

Different profiles. From Jemsite, about the 7dBK:
The neck profile is a bit thinner (front to back) than the traditional JEM neck as requested by Steve Vai. It is described as unique to the JEM but "kind of a Wizard neck at the nut but not at the 12th fret".
~A
Patill

SRVoodoo wrote:still doesn't answer why the neck on my friends Jem7dbk is thinner than the one on my Jem7vwh :?
it has been answered before. JEM 7Vs do have the JEM Neck, the others seem all to have a diffrent kind.

Note that other JEMS than the 7V also don´t have Evos and no comfortable neck joint.
SRVoodoo

I'm sorry. I must have missed that.
Thanks for explaining!
I just now remembered Mikey saying that Steve's Neck's are regular Jem necks that have been sanded down slightly on the palm side.
That would explain why Evo's neck is thinner than mine.
Thanks for all the help guys!
:peace