HHH, 2 tones, 1 volume, 5way, coil-splitting WIRING

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
Breeder

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... _super5way" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ok...this is a bit complicated, `cause...well, I don`t understand it exactly (at all)...lol

anyway...my guitar has 3 humbuckers: 2 hotrails, 1 JB (all are seymour duncan)

I have one volume control with push-pull switch and one pot that has two control which will act as 2 tone controls

so to summarize:

3 humbuckers
1 volume
2 tones
1 push pull

I want to change diagram I posted above to work like this

first tone controls the neck and second one controls the bridge and the middle pick up
push pull splits all humbuckers into single coils

I am also using this one to figure it all out:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wi ... 5w_3splits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but since I bought 5 way super switch (I have no idea why, it just seemed that this one will have more possibilities and my idea seemed kinda complicated at the time) I am trying to work with that

I am not sure about using normal 5 way switch cause I also do not understand how it will work with inter positions

and yes...I have been googling but it is all mixed up right in my head now so any help or comment is appreciated
Last edited by Breeder on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeries

ask this guy...
http://www.guitarelectronics.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rob's the owner he can do anything
Breeder

lol, I bought everything I need from them,..tnx jeries, you're the man :mrgreen:

edit:

ok, I mailed their tech service.I really hope they answer, if they help me I will post correct diagram here
Jeries

if you can call their number...ask for Rob Super he can help you with it all
Breeder

well I am from Croatia so that would be expensive.It`s also not so simple to talk it over the phone
I am still awaiting their mail

Good news is I am slowly begging to understand logic behind it all and it seems I will be able to find a solution by myself...and when I do I will post i here, nicely drawn in photoshop :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jeries

yeah ive done biz with them for YEARS now and i dont think they've ever replied to any of my emails- funny thing is that i live 5 miles from their shop/HQ
Breeder

Ok, I got it :mrgreen:

And now when I understand it all, I wish they would make switches with more then 4 poles (or even better, push-pull pots with 9 terminals instead of the usual 6, but of course, how many ppl are out there using 3 humbuckers? I guess not much so I can forget it...) cause there is no way to split all pick ups without some limitations. (tone pots were the easiest thing to figure out, and when I think about it, it`s all pretty simple anyway so don`t be scared and try to learn it instead of depend on other people when you have problems)

Everything will be functional and work as planned but some combination will be kinda hard to select (read: multiple moves needed), and every tone pot will have it`s own capacitor.(I like to have all options opened)

I have to change that diagram I posted a bit and then you will see it :mrgreen:

It may take a few days, I am kinda busy :mrgreen: