77,777 Jem, Ideas to mark the occasion

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
heat without light

I recently read on twitter that Ibanez are fast approaching the 77,777th Jem and that Steve was looking for suggestions on how to mark the occasion.

I'd like to make the following suggestion,

By my reckoning Steve has 7 solo studio albums. (if you count flex able and flex able leftovers as one and don't count the compilations) they are;

Flexable, Passion and Warfare, Sex and Religion, Alien love secrets, Fire garden,Ultra Zone and Real illusions: Reflections

Why not do a set of 7 special edition Jems, each edition based on the cover art work off each of the albums above.

Possibly using the fabric cover technique, something like the 77FP's of yester-year.

I'm not sure on the sales figures but if possible make 111 copies of each version, 777 in total.
As a special twist you could do 110 copies of the Flex able edition and make a one off Leftovers model (using the cover from the original 10" vinyl album). You could save it until you get to the 77,777th serial number and then issue it as a one off grand finale.

If 777 guitars as a special edition is too ambitious why not do 77 of each model or even 7.

I think that collectors the world over would be eager to get a hold of all seven models to have a complete set.

It would be a great way to celebrate the Jem and Steve's career. After all, both have been intertwined, like the vine of life inlays on the guitars iconic neck, for the last 22 years,

why not auction the Leftovers Jem for make a noise or the Hollywood arts charities both of which are close to Mr. Vai's heart?

any comments?
sunai

its a wonderful idea. though very ambitious. :guitar :guitar
rock on man, hope the idea catches on
cbr1000f

That's some cool idea, "heat without light"!

By the way, Steve already owns a beautiful "Real Illusions Jem".
Thanks to "holzwurm" for the picture.
Last edited by cbr1000f on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
heat without light

I think you might be right, Sunai, it's nice to dream a little though . . .

buying one of each would be out of the question for most people, but still can't decide which would be the one I'd buy out of the set of seven? The original Flexable or the ultra zone are as narrow as I can get it . . .
heat without light

cool, I'd love to see the picture if you find it,

dare I say it, great minds think alike :lol:
cbr1000f

heat without light wrote:cool, I'd love to see the picture if you find it,

dare I say it, great minds think alike :lol:
Okay, I found a picture and I added it to my initial post.
heat without light

Thanks crb,

it does look really nice, although I kinda feel like my idea isn't soo good anymore,
cbr1000f

heat without light wrote:Thanks crb,

it does look really nice, although I kinda feel like my idea isn't soo good anymore,
I still think it's a good idea. Or maybe they could use a new picture that is an arty collage of all the album covers? Mikey could do that :wink:
Think Pink Floyd.
teokiatuan

Cool idea but i think in reality it wouldn't look as good as the threadstarter thought

i'm still for the $777.77 Jem :mrgreen:

Teo
Jeries

teokiatuan wrote:Cool idea but i think in reality it wouldn't look as good as the threadstarter thought

Teo
hmm... most importantly... do i get a free one for thinking of the idea?
(head getting bigger)
sunai

Jeries wrote:
teokiatuan wrote:Cool idea but i think in reality it wouldn't look as good as the threadstarter thought

Teo
hmm... most importantly... do i get a free one for thinking of the idea?
(head getting bigger)
He he, that works too.. If its 777.77 retail, its'll be cheaper on musician's friend, but i still can't get it.. BTW, that's a sweet looking reall illusions Jem, though i'd got for the ultra zone Jem, with alien steve and everything all fuzzy, blue, and futuristic.
calos

Jem 7fp with evos and AANJ?

Or is that a whole other thread? hehe

peace
cal
heat without light

Hey CRB,

love the Pink Floyd back catalogue picture, but I think one of the bricks from 'the wall' has a crack in it? . . . :shock:
mayuka

I love heat without light's idea! I'd so get one of the Sex and Religion ones!
what_a_cool_username

That's a pretty damn good idea!!

My suggestion would perhaps be to release a limited amount of guitars that symbolises each period in Steve's career, for instance the 777's for the DLR/Early Whitesnake days, the UV77MC for his Whitesnake/PAW days, etc etc right up to the present day?

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though!