Finally, a left handed Jem!

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
SoundCurrents32

Hi folks,

For my 18th birthday, my whole family clubbed together to get me a custom built "Dream Guitar" - which was a Jem, obviously. I'm a left handed player, and....well, we all know how many lefty Jems are out there!

It was built by the Sims Custom Shop (who put the LEDs into the neck of Mojo), and hence I guess you can see where the inspiration for it came from!

I think it came out pretty well! :)
-j
Big Bad Bill

Very nice indeed! Beautiful. Is the workmanship of a high standard too? It looks odd being left handed though-we're all just so used to seeing a right handed Jem.
al

wow gime gime gime

Pat u got some competition
bennyvx78

Im not goin' to respond here, I freakin' jealous here.
thats one hell of a beautifull guitar man. I wish my Fam. was
that cool.

much congratulations and play it with pride and passion.
( let me translate that last sentence.. That means turn it up loud :D ..)
church_builder1980

Looks awesome, I've never seen a lefty BRMR before. :D Is that a TRS (or TRS-style) tremolo, though? It doesn't look like an Edge, even from those small photos. :? It's early in the morning, could just be my eyes playing tricks on me! :lol:
another virtuoso

sweeeeeet. you're one of the few lefties to own such a bad ass guitar 8)
jemgirl

concrats mate!!
thats an awsome axe!!!!
beautiful!!!!!!
aeromike
Newcomer

hi, that looks fantastic, if ya don't mind me askin, how much was it?

Mike
SoundCurrents32

aeromike wrote:hi, that looks fantastic, if ya don't mind me askin, how much was it?

Mike
£2000. I didn't think it was too bad, considering a stock Jem is about £1200. Then you have a lefty model (which are always more), a sustainer, the LEDs/laser, the mirror finish, and the fact it's completely custom built.
SoundCurrents32

church_builder1980 wrote: Is that a TRS (or TRS-style) tremolo, though? It doesn't look like an Edge, even from those small photos.
I'm really not too sure - I asked for a Floyd Rose or FR-style tremolo. My other guitars (which all have non-locking trems) are hopeless, but this is amazing - I can do huge divebombs all day, and I rarely have to tune any of the strings. It says "High Stability Tremolo System" on it, but no brand name.

I can't say what style it is, as I know very little about trems. It's fantastic, though.
SoundCurrents32

Big Bad Bill wrote: Is the workmanship of a high standard too?
It's very well built, but I can't compare it to an Ibanez as I've never owned one (being a lefty and all). It did have to be sent back to have a few tweaks made to it, but Martin Sims is very easy to work with, and it came out looking just as good as I hoped it would. :D
church_builder1980

Cool man, whatever works for you! If Sims supplied the trem I'd imagine it's good quality anyway considering his reputation.
SoundCurrents32 wrote:
church_builder1980 wrote: Is that a TRS (or TRS-style) tremolo, though? It doesn't look like an Edge, even from those small photos.
I'm really not too sure - I asked for a Floyd Rose or FR-style tremolo. My other guitars (which all have non-locking trems) are hopeless, but this is amazing - I can do huge divebombs all day, and I rarely have to tune any of the strings. It says "High Stability Tremolo System" on it, but no brand name.

I can't say what style it is, as I know very little about trems. It's fantastic, though.
R1FSR

ahh
another Martin simms convert .. he does awesome stuff..
although not lefties see here..

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9050&highlight=
SoundCurrents32

church_builder1980 wrote:Cool man, whatever works for you! If Sims supplied the trem I'd imagine it's good quality anyway considering his reputation.
Yeah. Well, I can do pretty much anything to both the strings and the trem, and it rarely goes out of tune. It's very cool! :D
cosmic ape

dude, that is some awesome work!!! I am a lefty, I am happy for you, but also jealous :roll:
Lefties in America don't get too many options for custom building, especially Ibanez based guitars... I might have found a guy in California, though...

I did find a very cool RG1570L for a good price though... I should get it in the mail any day now... cool stuff...

congrats, bro... enjoy your axe...