Ibanez and Endorsments

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
leigh01

#16 Post by leigh01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I would stick With Ibanez all the way.
but they are pretty tight with their endorsments.
I know a decent guy called Jim Davies(he done all the main guitar stuff with prodigy back in the days lol, such as firestarter), and he has an endorsment with Ibanez, but he reckons with him, he'll get one guitar a year tops. and he has to look after them well too.

Stephen Brown

#17 Post by Stephen Brown » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:26 pm

leigh01 wrote:I would stick With Ibanez all the way.
I know a decent guy called Jim Davies(he done all the main guitar stuff with prodigy back in the days lol, such as firestarter), and he has an endorsment with Ibanez, but he reckons with him, he'll get one guitar a year tops. and he has to look after them well too.
Is he still in pickshifter?

No...Victory Pill.

Stephen Brown

#18 Post by Stephen Brown » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:49 pm

|
|
|
|
|
About endorsements.
|
|
|
|

There is an old saying that is not really talked about anymore.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Don't call us, we're call you.

leigh01

#19 Post by leigh01 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:12 pm

FRETPICK wrote:
leigh01 wrote:I would stick With Ibanez all the way.
Is he still in pickshifter?

No...Victory Pill.
Victory Pill. Yes :)

Petie

#20 Post by Petie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 pm

randomnessman wrote:
Petie wrote:I have a Marshall endorsement which means I get anything I want at cost price.

:shock: REALLY?
Yup. I write for a few guitar magazines and I won a shredding contest hosted by a national radio station a few years ago, which gives me just enough profile to get stuff for cost, but not enough to get stuff for free! :lol:

boswell

#21 Post by boswell » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:58 pm

FRETPICK wrote:
boswell wrote:I can't knock artists for raking in the cash from signature models or getting gear cheap through endorsements, it's hard enough these days to make decent money in the industry.
However I really do despise all the shitty signature model guitars, amps and effects on the market, it seems guitarists have become like the women who buy perfume, bed sheets, make up and other nasty trinkets just because some legend in their own lunch time B list celebrity whose only famous for being famous is in their adverts.
:roll:
I don't agree with any of that point of view.

Then you are just one of the sheep! 8)
Last edited by boswell on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Petie

#22 Post by Petie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:00 pm

boswell wrote:Then you are just one of the sheep! 8)
:?

I grew up in a rural area and I never saw a sheep pay less for a piece of gear than a store would pay for it.

j.arledge

#23 Post by j.arledge » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Petie wrote:

I grew up in a rural area and I never saw a sheep pay less for a piece of gear than a store would pay for it.
i think he means you play marshall . I dont know that is what he ment but that'd be my quess .

I am not partial to marshall myself .

Petie

#24 Post by Petie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Ah, well in that case, everyone's tastes are different. I get to play a hell of a lot of amps but that particular model just works best for my style, especially the crunch channel with a clean boost in front of it.

teokiatuan

#25 Post by teokiatuan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Petie wrote:
randomnessman wrote:
Petie wrote:I have a Marshall endorsement which means I get anything I want at cost price.

:shock: REALLY?
Yup. I write for a few guitar magazines and I won a shredding contest hosted by a national radio station a few years ago, which gives me just enough profile to get stuff for cost, but not enough to get stuff for free! :lol:
oh my that's awesome! wouldn't alot of endorsees like yourself exploit the deal by selling the gear at a profit?

speaking of, i am serious about getting an amp... from you.

if you would help me out..

Petie

#26 Post by Petie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Nah, in a situation like that you'd likely get a rep coming to a gig saying "Hey, where's that amp you bought from us a few months ago?"

Jeries

#27 Post by Jeries » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:40 pm

about the dont call us we'll call you thought of endorsements...
i think it was like that in the 80s or 90s but not today...
back then A&R guys would go to shows/clubs and see bands play and sign them.. that doesnt happen now... everything seams different now a-days

i dont mind signature gear... like the Jem for example because steve actually uses them.
45 different dimebag guitars after he died and tons of pedal all these artests never use...

Dunlop makes a Hendrix Wah. Not only he never used one, he didnt even use Dunlop, his estate just needed some cash.

theres tons of examples...
Zakk Wylde has an overdrive. the last time i talked to him he was still using the $36 boss super overdrive sd-1

teokiatuan

#28 Post by teokiatuan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:51 am

Petie wrote:Nah, in a situation like that you'd likely get a rep coming to a gig saying "Hey, where's that amp you bought from us a few months ago?"

oh pity.

Guitarmiester

#29 Post by Guitarmiester » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:23 am

Jeries wrote:about the dont call us we'll call you thought of endorsements...
i think it was like that in the 80s or 90s but not today...
back then A&R guys would go to shows/clubs and see bands play and sign them.. that doesnt happen now... everything seams different now a-days
That does still happen. My friends band got signed at one of their gigs a few months ago and are currently working on an EP for the label.
If I remember correctly, isn't Marshall's base cost only a couple hundred off their retail price?

boswell

#30 Post by boswell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:44 am

j.arledge wrote:
Petie wrote:

i think he means you play marshall . I dont know that is what he ment but that'd be my quess .

I am not partial to marshall myself .
Thats not what my comment was aimed at (see edited version above)..............but yeah a lot of the "herd" use Marshall :D