Lefty Jem Custom

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
SoundCurrents32

Hi folks,

Being a lefty player I've often been annoyed that I can't play an Ibanez Jem. So...

...I've saved up enough money over the years so that now I'm able to have one custom built. :D

Do any of you have any suggestions as to things to include in the design to make it that little more rocking (if that's possible!)?
Zeds.Ded

Jemgirl has all the know on this subject :wink:
IbanezGRX
Banned

Umm.. What I would do is,

1. Gold colored Metal Backplate and the input jack plate on back.

2. Get it signed by Vai

3. FERNANDEZ SUSTAINER
Jeries

IbanezGRX wrote:2. Get it signed by Vai
Why?
IbanezGRX
Banned

Jeries wrote:
Why?
What do you mean Why... Having a signature of my favorite guitar player would be an Honor to have. Inspiration. Sure I could scribble vais name on my axe. But having Steve touch my guitar would be like Jesus reach down and touch my elbow lol.

(Yeah I didnt get any of that either)
Fender868
Newcomer

That wouldn't really contribute to the guitar's playability. To some, it might even limit it. It's not everyone who want to play their guitars that much after someone's signed them, especially when they can wear off easily. Besides, i don't see why it's important for his signature to be on the guitar lol.
notavirtuoso

I had my older JS signed by Joe and it really kept me from playing it very much. Didn't want to rub it off (which I did a little) so I tend to stay away from it. But I don't regret having him sign it. It's a nice reminder of a cool memory. Not to mention that Joe's sigs are pretty cool looking on their own.

As far as hot rodding a Jem, your imagination is the only limit. The only suggestions I could make would be cosmetic ones and that's really not hot rodding, and probably not what you're wanting or you'd just do a tricked out RG lefty.
IbanezGRX
Banned

Fender868 wrote:That wouldn't really contribute to the guitar's playability. To some, it might even limit it. It's not everyone who want to play their guitars that much after someone's signed them, especially when they can wear off easily. Besides, i don't see why it's important for his signature to be on the guitar lol.

People like you are what Piss me off so fucking much. He said to make it a little more rocking Not more playable. TO ME ID LIKE THE SIGNATURE.. MAKE A BIG ASS DEAL ABOUT IT!.
boswell

Jeries wrote:
Why?
Too right no way would I let Steve disfigure my guitars with his signature 8)
jemgirl

SoundCurrents32 wrote:Hi folks,

Being a lefty player I've often been annoyed that I can't play an Ibanez Jem. So...

...I've saved up enough money over the years so that now I'm able to have one custom built. :D

Do any of you have any suggestions as to things to include in the design to make it that little more rocking (if that's possible!)?
yep...
search the internet every day....buy a jem 555 and have it customized like i did.

or...try to get an ibanez rg550 with some modifications...

ohh,this is all done by the amazing PATRICK KOOPMAN!
al

Remember our little deal?
jemgirl

brother al wrote:Remember our little deal?
ehhmm no?? :wink:
al

:roll:

pat pat pat... what will we do with ya,
Fender868
Newcomer

IbanezGRX wrote:
Fender868 wrote:That wouldn't really contribute to the guitar's playability. To some, it might even limit it. It's not everyone who want to play their guitars that much after someone's signed them, especially when they can wear off easily. Besides, i don't see why it's important for his signature to be on the guitar lol.

People like you are what Piss me off so fucking much. He said to make it a little more rocking Not more playable. TO ME ID LIKE THE SIGNATURE.. MAKE A BIG ASS DEAL ABOUT IT!.
How would that make it more rocking by having some scribbled black name on the face of the guitar? I think a guitar is only as rocking as the way you play it. What would you know about rocking, mr Ibanez GRX. I hope that doesn't mean you're a fan of the Gio series are you. Well you go and have steve write his name on your indonesian piece of crap guitar and you can go on thinking it's more rocking and that people care about what you have to say.

Get some ritalin dude, you really need to chill..
jemgirl

brother al wrote::roll:

pat pat pat... what will we do with ya,
ohhh..just leave me with my two babies 8)