Ibanez Edge Troubles

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
ears1991

Ok so my low E snapped, more like popped out i think, or it may have snapped a tiny bit off and that could now be stuck in the bridge where im trying to put a new string, is this possible, because i cant put in a new string, when i put it in and tighten the screw all the way it still just comes out =/

really could do with some help here, if iv not been specific just ask for more info.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Chris
Jemaholic

Go see what Rich Harris has to say about it. Excellent sorce for all things Jem/UV.
Ibanez Rules.com
ears1991

I looked through tehre but couldnt find anything related =/
Lucky

Yeah as you said, it sounds like you have an old piece of string in there. Try backing the saddle screw out a good bit and see if you can find a bit of string still in there.
JEManEYE

its happend to me heaps and u just have to look around heaps. u will find it and it dosent really matter if the piece of string is really small
TongueNGroove

Back out the set screw, turn your guitar over and let the little block of metal that clamps down on the string fall out (into your hand or somewhere so you dont lose it).

Then have a good look in there and see if a peice fo string is wedged in there, if so take some needle nose pliers or even eyebrow tweasers and pull it out.
ears1991

With some brute force with a screwdriver i messed around with the block and now ive got the string that broke in there, and i cant pull it out with force so hopefully itll stay in under tension when i get a new string 2mrw.