Sicile Guitar

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.

Do you think a sicle guitar would cool?

Yes!
11%
Yes!
11%
Yes!
11%
Yes!
11%
No.
14%
No.
14%
No.
14%
No.
14%

Total votes: 56
adanniels

Hello,

All you guitar players have been around longer than I have and I was wondering if you know of any sicile shaped guitars out there (and if there is please show pictures if possible or some proof.) I have been designing one for over two years and have been trying to see if there is any out there. I have almost completed and don't have the money or the experience to have it handmade, and I know some companies would like it.
joebot

adanniels wrote:Hello,

All you guitar players have been around longer than I have and I was wondering if you know of any sicile shaped guitars out there (and if there is please show pictures if possible or some proof.) I have been designing one for over two years and have been trying to see if there is any out there. I have almost completed and don't have the money or the experience to have it handmade, and I know some companies would like it.
ha ha ha ha ha, your crazy!!!!!

thats very kool!!!!

let me see please :D

:lol:
adanniels

I get that a lot.

Let me get the design scanned in.
Its only on paper.

Most say it would be to awakward to play sitting.
I tell them "thats because its meant to play live"
but I'm still working on that.
Zeds.Ded

i voted no, but its just a personal preference that i hate stupidly shaped guitars
Booligan

it could look pretty cool actually

adanniels

Zeds.Ded wrote:i voted no, but its just a personal preference that i hate stupidly shaped guitars
Well, the drawing I have looks killer. It has that kinda metalish look that could kill someone. Most people worry about its shape, but It would look sweet at some concert, like Ozzfest. Imagine the applause when you step out on stage with a sicile.

Which I think would be pretty cool.

Sorry cannot get the picture yet.
guyver_dio

it's like a deformed flying V
Zeds.Ded

its just that im not for heavy metal at all, so i wouldn't have any taste for the guitar. not saying its bad, just not for me :wink:
BadHorsie777

i voted no

really cheesy design...just dont like it...its kinda like the axe bass...its just cheesy
adanniels

Zeds.Ded wrote:its just that im not for heavy metal at all, so i wouldn't have any taste for the guitar. not saying its bad, just not for me :wink:
Well it doesn't have to be for metal. I'm not really into metal either. Well here's the story. On the first Guitar Hero game I seen the grime reaper dude's ax (sicile in this case) and thought "I think it would be cool if that was a real guitar." It doesn't look nothing like that guitar but similar.
I just think It would be cool to play live with. It would stand out.
badhorsie777 wrote:I vote no
really cheesy design...just don't like it...its kinda like the axe bass...its just cheesy
I don't think It looks cheesy, of course thats only an opinion. I will admit I don't like most abnormal shaped guitars.

Thats just your opinion and thats all right with me.
leigh01

I voted yes, I think it'd look awesome.
another virtuoso

like the half v that alexi laiho and randy rhoads use
NOT!!!

island of Sylth:

guitar of Farin Urlaub

Booligan

well, that´s an ugly ass guitar.
adanniels

Now tell me NOT!!! is that one of your creations or something. I will say I don't like it. 1.) Its to round ( but its supposed to look an island). I like sharp lined guitars ( like my sicile for instance, or the SG for another)
But, It is very unique though and that is an aspect I like.