jem lovers...

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
joebot

sorry but to me the jem is just a guitar, the fender strat is just a guitar, the less paul is just a guitar.

I can't understand that many of you seem to attribute a soul or something into what is essentially a tool!.

I love my amps with the same type of reverence that you lot seem to place in your guitars.....no wait, I don't, I care more but still not that much!.

The guitar I play mostly is a standard series squire with about 200 quids worth of modifications in her. I would pitch my strat (sound wise) against any strat on the planet!!, bold statement I know but the pickups took me best part of 10 years to source and get in the right combination.

All that said she is still a guitar, nothing more. I would be sad if she was stolen, but I would now I know what to look for simply buy another one and source the parts and move on.

This sentiment that I have sweated, blead and cried over that thing has really left me.

saying that if anyone pinched aether of my amps (crate blue voodoo and Marshall JCM2000) I would cry, not because I know they can't be replaced, but because they were expensive!! :lol:

I think my lack of care for the individual pieces of gear is more to do with the fact that I can pretty much get all my playing out of my little cube 30 practice amp or a Marshall....(the one with the valve in the preamp)

I would consider my self a tone fanatic!!!!I care as much as anyone about tone BUT!!!!! Tone must be in the fingers!!
Lucky

You should post only when sober. 8)
joebot

Lucky wrote:You should post only when sober. 8)
Perfectly sober, just not that attached to the gear, one piece of gear is pretty much as good as another if they are the same make and the quality control is good.

I can make all the sounds I want with pretty much any piece of gear that I have stamped as usable, why get so attached!.

I'm not a Buddhist by the way....although I am a nihilist.....maybe that explains it all

:lol:
Zeds.Ded

congratulation's
joebot

Zeds.Ded wrote:congratulation's
an interesting if not...cryptic response?

Zeds.Ded

yes captain . . .
williebee

Joebot If thats how you feel about the guitar, thats fine. It is pretty much wood, wire, magnets and some hardware. To some, myself included, there is a passion and a connection that happens when I get my hands on this piece of wood, wire, magnets and hardware. I can't describe it any other way than it feels like a part of me and who I am. I've had one stolen before and it sucks. Sucks big time. But you get over it and get another and another after that. It's OK to look at it the way you do. I look at it the way I do. :peace
calos

A guitar is a guitar your right it's just a tool, I'd say that people become attached to them or perhaps more correctly develop an emotional response to them as they are part of a spiritual journey for many players.
I know I'm one of them. So is Steve about EVO.

A guy that sails around the world solo on a little boat develops the same feelings and attachment for that craft they have made the journey with.

It's part of the human condition, welcome to the human race if you feel that way about an object like a guitar.

peace
cal
joebot

I feel there is an emotional connection to the music I play though, not the conduit that allows me to transmit that music!.

I do kind of know what you mean, I do like my guitar a lot but to be honest, if it got pinched it would just be an excuse to buy another :D
Big Bad Bill

Interesting then, that you use the animate female personal pronoun (she) to refer to your guitar.
Fascinating.
joebot

Big Bad Bill wrote:Interesting then, that you use the animate female personal pronoun (she) to refer to your guitar.
Fascinating.
I know, I actually did that on purpus just to throw you

of course that was lore not data mwahahahahahha :wink:

Big Bad Bill

Oh no, we're Star Trek geeks!
joebot

Big Bad Bill wrote:Oh no, we're Star Trek geeks!
ha ha ha ha, aaah well, could be worse we could have bought a spice girls single 8)
StevieRayVai

Your Strat sound<SRV's Strat sound
joebot

StevieRayVai wrote:Your Strat sound<SRV's Strat sound
I wish ha ha ha ha.

I can get quite a good srv tone but the neck is malmsteen all the way