Wait a minute. . . .

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
llamahead

Wait a minute. . . .

#1 Post by llamahead » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:06 pm

someone said that if you are changing your pickups you should keep them the same
EVO neck, EVO bridge
i know you don't HAVE to do this, but what would my RG350DX sound like if i put in Breed neck and EVO bridge?

Zeds.Ded

#2 Post by Zeds.Ded » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:04 pm

it would sound like youve a breed in the neck and an evo in the bridge ;) dont mind whatever that person said, you can mix and match all you want

RAI

#3 Post by RAI » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:27 pm

Of course you can mix-and-match any way you want!
But you do have to ask yourself if your pickup choices are balanced.
Are you looking for a massive shift when switching from bridge to neck, or just the subtle/obvious change?
I'm not saying one is right, and the other wrong, but just be aware of the difference...

pagliai

#4 Post by pagliai » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 am

Rai is right,the main problem is the balance of the tone the second is ...the money...'cause you should try so many configurations and at the end you 'll got your home full of pickups and your pocket so empty.

When i m 20 years old i said mmmmmm i want this for the love of god neck sound .The result was a home full of pickups ,no for the love of God neck sound but......i learned to solder!!!

Anyway di marzio matches the pickups so evo+evo breed+breed and the balance is good,also you can try the paf pro at neck with evo,but it is a personal taste so you must try and try and try,that's the problem.

The fact is pickups and everything else in music is just like the choise of a girl....it is only a personal taste.

mr_vai777

#5 Post by mr_vai777 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:51 am

combining is fine, in my RG350 i put an air norton in the neck and a dual sound in the bridge, the norton has a real deep sound and the dual sound has a lead kinda sound but when i combine them and play its as if im using an acoustic. its fantastic and even if people were to say you shouldnt mix, id do it anyway :)

Logic

#6 Post by Logic » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:19 pm

DiMarzio gives you thirty days to try a pickup.
Once you've tried one take it back and try another.
You can try a configuration and then try another.
Try them all. When your done get the ones you like.
Even if it's the first configuration you tried.