best shredder/stunt guitar for 700 bucks?

For discussion of Ibanez, other guitars, and general guitar topics.
TonyMacalpine

I'm thinking about picking up a go-nuts guitar for around $700 (not really exceeding $800). I need some suggestions though. I've had an LTD and it was pretty good, except for the bridge (which is my main concern).

I've been checking out the Ibanez S series and it looks pretty cool. But I'm wondering if there's a difference in build quality between the S and RG series. The RG's seem to be a bit more popular. Also, the S series has the ZR trem. How does that stack up to the other Ibanez trems? I know the Jem uses the Edge Pro, which I would assume is the "best", but what sets it apart from the rest of the Ibanez line of bridges and can I upgrade to that bridge without routing. In general, what are the best Ibanez trems and are they available as retrofits? What are the bridges to stay away from?

And, I can't help but ask:
Are there any other slamming shred guitars in that price bracket that are Ibanez killers? High quality DURABLE trems, sweet neck profiles, and hot finishes are a must. 24/27 frets would be great, but not necessary.
sunai

k here's the stuff
i think the S series has diff pickups than the rg series , and the S series comes in many types of finishes!~
i dunno about a ZR trem, never used it , but in 700 i think you can get a guitar with maybe an EDGE 2 trem, which can be upgraded to and edge pro i think, without any routing.

I dunno about other guitars, i never liked anything except Ibanez, the necks just feel too damn good. but check out jackson's or something for stunt axes, they might be good
seljer

Ibanez RG1570 for $750
its a Prestige Ibanez, made in Japan so build quality should be top notch. Edge Pro trem so no problems there.
I personally find the blue finish a bit boring but the red one is pretty neat.
or if you get a used RG550/RG560/RG570

the ZR is also a good trem (and the S470 is practically the cheapest new guitar with a good double locking trem), a bit stiff due to the Zero Point system thing but you can take that out to loosen it up if you don't like it.
though I've seen people have bad experiences with the 470s (korean QC?), try it out beforehand....of course, this applies to any guitar

as far as retrofits go, the original Edge and LoPro are interchangeable, you can swap the old LoTRSs for an Original Floyd Rose. Everything about the Edge II, Edge III and Edge Pro on jemsite seems to be inconclusive (so I say go directly for something with and Edge Pro and don't worry)
bancika

+1 for RG1570
sunai

+1 for Rg1570, thtz gonna be my next guitar!
Mr. Supertron

An Ibanez S is good. A good buy I think is the Jackson DXMG. Licensed Floyd rose, emg passsive pickups, Fast neck and cool looks. Its not too much for the price. I find a lot of ESP LTD guitars are over priced for what they are. Maybe they are just not my style. So I say for you case, Ibanez S or RG, Jackson DXMG, and maybe the DKMG ( similar but with active emg pickups instead or EMG HZ passives.